What is Rape Culture?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: What is Rape Culture?
(11-06-2014 03:36 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 03:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Unfortunately this idea of a "rape culture" has been exaggerated tremendously by certain wolf-crying proponents of the "Atheism-plus" movement, to the point that the phrase is now almost meaningless.

I don't understand what you mean by that.

I happened to be able to witness the online "birth" of the "A+" movement, and some of the things that they claim are "rape culture" are simply preposterous.

Much of their discussion and early history has been deleted/censored to hide the cray-cray.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-06-2014, 05:51 PM
(11-06-2014 05:51 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 03:36 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  I don't understand what you mean by that.

I happened to be able to witness the online "birth" of the "A+" movement, and some of the things that they claim are "rape culture" are simply preposterous.

Much of their discussion and early history has been deleted/censored to hide the cray-cray.

That man asked me for coffee at 2 am! *shock Horror*
11-06-2014, 06:00 PM
What is Rape Culture?
(11-06-2014 04:43 PM)Kavos Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 04:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  NO, that's NOT "feminists" for you. I'm a feminist myself. Feminism is the radical notion that women are people too.

Fuck you. Feminism, if it was really about equality, would be called something else. Something that reflects equality. You don't believe in equality. You're a fucking scumbag. Fuck you, twat.

Taoism. Read books.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
11-06-2014, 06:04 PM
(11-06-2014 04:43 PM)Kavos Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 04:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  NO, that's NOT "feminists" for you. I'm a feminist myself. Feminism is the radical notion that women are people too.

Fuck you. Feminism, if it was really about equality, would be called something else. Something that reflects equality. You don't believe in equality. You're a fucking scumbag. Fuck you, twat.

LMAO, you sorry cocksucker. How quickly you got banned...

Sri, Rev, my attention was diverted and I got ninja'd.
Tongue

11-06-2014, 06:08 PM
(11-06-2014 05:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 05:51 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I happened to be able to witness the online "birth" of the "A+" movement, and some of the things that they claim are "rape culture" are simply preposterous.

That man asked me for coffee at 2 am! *shock Horror*

BINGO.

11-06-2014, 06:11 PM
(11-06-2014 06:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 05:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That man asked me for coffee at 2 am! *shock Horror*

BINGO.

And that is the kind of bullshit that give excuse to ignore the actual real rape culture stuff. Like I said Western Society is probably the closest to egalitarian of any out there but it is by no means perfect.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-06-2014, 08:11 PM
(11-06-2014 06:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 06:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  BINGO.

And that is the kind of bullshit that give excuse to ignore the actual real rape culture stuff. Like I said Western Society is probably the closest to egalitarian of any out there but it is by no means perfect.

Yup.

[Image: _4Grb2ZUmAq3fQ7LgH9DLPOfp8ZsS45Mqyg-WefD...zAN-g=h900]

13-08-2014, 01:29 AM
My good friend Ozy (M.D in Philosophy) had a chat with a self proclaimed MRA (male) and an egalitarian (female).

He goes into the subject of rape and makes very good points. its never the victims fault, but you can help yourself from avoiding it.

For example, if you are in jail and someone says to you "look, if you don't wanna be raped, here is what you should do"… Would you take offence? No. Is it your fault if you get raped? No. Is it your fault morally if you get raped and did or did not alter the chances? No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqpLgzxa...GyZvfQKBdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqpLgzxa...GyZvfQKBdA

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2014, 02:15 AM
It's the think Wicked Clown is singlehandedly responsible for causing.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-08-2014, 08:08 AM
I don't think we guys (obviously, I'm one) can ever understand what women have to put up with. I've only had to put up with one case of sexual "harassment" and that was done by a woman who wanted to have an affair with me (it never happened, FWIW). It didn't phase me - I was younger, stronger, bigger and had trained extensively in martial arts. So, fear wasn't a dimension I experienced.

But I have known women who have to put up with the whistles, the catcalls, the comments and the suggestions on a daily basis. And they do not appreciate it. I know. I'm the father of three daughters.

The Daily Show had a segment a few weeks ago about how colleges and universities handled such problems (6/25/14). The details are not encouraging. Jon cites a case at James Madison U in which three frat bros forcibly removed the bikini top of a female student, made a video and subsequently circulated it. Their punishment? Expulsion UPON graduation. Boy, that's gotta hurt.

Later in the segment, Jessica Williams (JW) and Jordan Klepper (JK) have a one-on-one. This part of the interchange stood out for me...

JK: Are you telling me that women spend their whole day navigating an obstacle course of sexual menace?
JW: Yeah, pretty much.
JK: Seriously?
JW: Seriously!!

Is this true for ALL women? I doubt it. Is it true for SOME women? Most definitely. Is it true for ANY men? At most, a very small number.

Here's a link to the segment...

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/z2b627...ur-schools
[+] 4 users Like jockmcdock's post