What is Rape Culture?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: What is Rape Culture?
(11-06-2014 01:49 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 08:12 AM)Kavos Wrote:  Rape culture is something made up by feminists. They invented it because they believe that men and women are equal and that men are rapists but women' aren't. They also made up the patriarchy, because they believe that men and women are equal, but somehow, for some reason, one day men decided to oppress women.

Please, I implore you, read some good feminist literature. If you are a reasonable person and you fairly interpret arguments, then there really isn't much debate to be had, we have rape culture. Women are not equal to men. There is a patriarchy. All those things are true. You might disagree with "how true" or "what degree" but they are still very present.

I hope you are just arguing the counterpoint and don't really have such negative views about women. Many people express similar opinions that you do, and I might have said much the same things at one point in my life. But they are wrong, I was wrong, and you are wrong. Please educate yourself.

No, one does not need to read "good" feminist literature to understand that rape culture is bullshit of the highest degree. Not to mention the very definition of rape culture that feminists use is purposefully made to be as broad as they can get away with. Feminists are always trying to broaden the definition of rape to suit their own purposes. Allow me to help you determine what is and isn't rape.

Stuff that is Rape: Rape.

Stuff that isn't Rape: Rape Jokes, fantasies, art, etc.

And your supposed rape culture is utter horseshit. We do not live in a culture of rape. Rape is not rampant on the streets. Its not on everyone's door step, its not looming like a dark shadow over everyone's lives. Rape Culture is an invention of feminists who further seek to deride men for their own sexuality, and denigrates women even worse by making them out as defenseless little butterflies who lack the ability to stand up to men, so men should neuter and cow themselves as to not tread on some poor woman's feelings. Hardly anyone in the western world is supporting rape. No one is promoting it. But you can get back to me when you find me an example of some media outlet saying rape is ok. You won't find one. So fuck off with your feminist bullshit. Its just another false ideology propagated by women who seek to demonize men to further increase their own status in society.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerekS's post
17-08-2014, 02:44 PM
(17-08-2014 11:44 AM)DerekS Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 01:49 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Please, I implore you, read some good feminist literature. If you are a reasonable person and you fairly interpret arguments, then there really isn't much debate to be had, we have rape culture. Women are not equal to men. There is a patriarchy. All those things are true. You might disagree with "how true" or "what degree" but they are still very present.

I hope you are just arguing the counterpoint and don't really have such negative views about women. Many people express similar opinions that you do, and I might have said much the same things at one point in my life. But they are wrong, I was wrong, and you are wrong. Please educate yourself.

No, one does not need to read "good" feminist literature to understand that rape culture is bullshit of the highest degree. Not to mention the very definition of rape culture that feminists use is purposefully made to be as broad as they can get away with. Feminists are always trying to broaden the definition of rape to suit their own purposes. Allow me to help you determine what is and isn't rape.

Stuff that is Rape: Rape.

Stuff that isn't Rape: Rape Jokes, fantasies, art, etc.

And your supposed rape culture is utter horseshit. We do not live in a culture of rape. Rape is not rampant on the streets. Its not on everyone's door step, its not looming like a dark shadow over everyone's lives. Rape Culture is an invention of feminists who further seek to deride men for their own sexuality, and denigrates women even worse by making them out as defenseless little butterflies who lack the ability to stand up to men, so men should neuter and cow themselves as to not tread on some poor woman's feelings. Hardly anyone in the western world is supporting rape. No one is promoting it. But you can get back to me when you find me an example of some media outlet saying rape is ok. You won't find one. So fuck off with your feminist bullshit. Its just another false ideology propagated by women who seek to demonize men to further increase their own status in society.

Well you're a charmer.

I never imagined when I joined this forum I would become a constant advocate for feminism, but some how there seems to be an inexhaustible supply of people who have no idea what the feminist movement is about. You have some gross misgivings on the subject. Before you condemn something, you should do a little reading and determining what it actually is.

Also, welcome to the forum and all the rest. I can't imagine how we wouldn't get along Facepalm .
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
17-08-2014, 02:46 PM
(17-08-2014 02:44 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Well you're a charmer.

I never imagined when I joined this forum I would become a constant advocate for feminism, but some how there seems to be an inexhaustible supply of people who have no idea what the feminist movement is about. You have some gross misgivings on the subject. Before you condemn something, you should do a little reading and determining what it actually is.

Also, welcome to the forum and all the rest. I can't imagine how we wouldn't get along Facepalm .

Like I said, as usual, it's the innocent (actual feminists) who suffer (aren't taken seriously, to say the least) because of the guilty (so-called feminazis).

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
17-08-2014, 03:04 PM
(17-08-2014 02:46 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 02:44 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Well you're a charmer.

Like I said, as usual, it's the innocent (actual feminists) who suffer (aren't taken seriously, to say the least) because of the guilty (so-called feminazis).

I wish that were so. More often it is what someone imagined feminism is about, or heard a friend say about feminism, that consequently forms their whole view on the movement. What DerekS said is so ass backwards I find it very hard to believe he heard it uttered by anybody, "feminazi" or otherwise.

For the record, if that is what feminism was about, I wouldn't be a feminists. Nor would anybody else for that matter. I guess it is fortunate then that this socio-political ideology only exists in the mind of others.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
17-08-2014, 03:09 PM
(17-08-2014 03:04 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I wish that were so. More often it is what someone imagined feminism is about, or heard a friend say about feminism, that consequently forms their whole view on the movement. What DerekS said is so ass backwards I find it very hard to believe he heard it uttered by anybody, "feminazi" or otherwise.

For the record, if that is what feminism was about, I wouldn't be a feminists. Nor would anybody else for that matter. I guess it is fortunate then that this socio-political ideology only exists in the mind of others.

Uh... The feminazis actually do say bullshit like that, and worse, like I said. Google it. It's not gonna be pretty, though.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-08-2014, 04:05 PM
(17-08-2014 03:09 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:04 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I wish that were so. More often it is what someone imagined feminism is about, or heard a friend say about feminism, that consequently forms their whole view on the movement. What DerekS said is so ass backwards I find it very hard to believe he heard it uttered by anybody, "feminazi" or otherwise.

Uh... The feminazis actually do say bullshit like that, and worse, like I said. Google it. It's not gonna be pretty, though.

Again that is giving a much bigger voice to the lunatic fringe than it deserves. I can pull random quotes from any group that look stupid as fuck.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-08-2014, 04:09 PM
(17-08-2014 04:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Again that is giving a much bigger voice to the lunatic fringe than it deserves. I can pull random quotes from any group that look stupid as fuck.

I agree, but I'd go one step further: feminazis are not part of the feminist lunatic fringe. They're not feminists, period. They claim the title, but don't actually meet the criteria.

[+] 4 users Like One Above All's post
17-08-2014, 04:35 PM
This article is a fine example of rape culture, where the man hiding from a rape charge is treated like a victim:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...sange.html

(Sorry about it being a Daily Mail link, don't forget to wash your hands).

Hate the belief, love the believer.
17-08-2014, 10:24 PM
(17-08-2014 04:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:09 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Uh... The feminazis actually do say bullshit like that, and worse, like I said. Google it. It's not gonna be pretty, though.

Again that is giving a much bigger voice to the lunatic fringe than it deserves. I can pull random quotes from any group that look stupid as fuck.

Go on tumblr. There are hundreds of thousands of these people. Read feminist publications like feministing and you will see this is the ideology being pushed by feminists. If you are supporting feminism, then you are supporting SJW bullshit.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-08-2014, 10:29 PM
(17-08-2014 04:35 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  This article is a fine example of rape culture, where the man hiding from a rape charge is treated like a victim:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...sange.html

(Sorry about it being a Daily Mail link, don't forget to wash your hands).

Julian Assange is not a fucking rapist. Go fuck yourself. You are a progressive totalitarian who cares nothing for the truth. The world would be a better place if you weren't in it.

Feminists like you like to pretend like false accusation don't exist. They fucking do and here they are being used to push a political persecution of a man guilty only of telling the truth. Of course, as we all know, the truth doesn't suit your progressive agenda, so it has to be covered up at all costs.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post