What is Science if words have no meaning?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: What is Science if words have no meaning?
I'm trying to figure out whether this is an I&I sockpuppet (he is arguing about similar topics I&I has brought up in the past, just with worse grammar), or if NamiIloveyou is rearing his ugly head again. I'm pretty sure this guy has been here before.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Words have meaning. We give them meaning, but they have meaning. And a la I&I....

Boom!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
15-11-2013, 05:47 AM
What is Science if words have no meaning?
(14-11-2013 11:04 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 10:51 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Since your arguement is comprised of 'meaningless words' what is it but false?

Also science is less words, more math.

Words are meaningless tags that we give meaning to. If I called you a 'Niggerfaggot', you would probably take offense. I have no way of knowing what you are ethnically or sexually, so my group of syllables is meaningless. But you ascribe meaning the same way we ascribe meaning to any word, and so all scientific methods are false.

Once we gice words meaning, they are no longer meaningless.
15-11-2013, 08:07 AM
(14-11-2013 11:40 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  Try as me may, we cannot overcome the anthropological bias we have hardwired in our system to win, win, win. Same reason racism will never go away.
Racism has nothing to do with science or its method.

(14-11-2013 11:40 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  So, no, I don't think that reaffirmation by others of the same bias makes it any more true.
Where is the "bias" in determining the rate of acceleration of gravity?
Where is it in determining the density of iron?

[Image: ae1n9c.jpg]
15-11-2013, 08:08 AM
(14-11-2013 10:47 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  Since words are meaningless tags and science is biased human perception, what is science but false?

I$I, is that you? Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-11-2013, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2013 08:19 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-11-2013 08:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 10:47 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  Since words are meaningless tags and science is biased human perception, what is science but false?

Scientists hate each others fucking guts, IRL. They spend all day trying to prove each other WRONG.

So, no.

And BTW KKK,
assertion of something without references, or proofs, is meaningless drivel.
You post meaningless drivel.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

15-11-2013, 08:15 AM
*crosses fingers that sock-puppeting is a bannable offense*

Kill*3 + (I + I)
...can ignore this post, since words have no meanings

[Image: ae1n9c.jpg]
15-11-2013, 08:27 AM
(15-11-2013 08:13 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 08:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I$I, is that you? Consider

Scientists hate each others fucking guts, IRL. They spend all day trying to prove each other WRONG.

So, no.

And BTW KKK,

You know this sounds like one of those philosobull half-questions that I$I would pull.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
15-11-2013, 09:51 PM
(15-11-2013 08:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 08:13 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Scientists hate each others fucking guts, IRL. They spend all day trying to prove each other WRONG.

So, no.

And BTW KKK,

You know this sounds like one of those philosobull half-questions that I$I would pull.

Hm, no I'm not him.

I & I seems like a troll to me.

Racism will never go away because of the basic laws of humanity; you notice you are different from someone in some way, then of course you are going to place yourself above them, why wouldn't you?

As to my OP: The words are tools, but have no meaning. The existence of synonyms backs this up. So if words are tags but not real concrete or abstract things, then our scientific method is harder to prove. So arguing with semantic is pointless.
15-11-2013, 09:52 PM
(15-11-2013 08:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Yes, that does sound like him.