What is Spirit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 11:33 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
RE: What is Spirit?
(21-01-2014 11:24 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 10:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I study the occult philosophy, which has a technical jargon with rules and deep meanings.

Please explain those "rules" to me. Is there a particular pagan doctrine you follow? A path you follow? Cause I am unfamiliar with "rules" once you step outside of main-stream religions.

Huh

Prepare for tsunami of bullshit in 3....2...1...

[Image: hBF0519E2]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2014, 11:40 AM
[Image: e47.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2014, 11:56 AM
[Image: 51ff34d7.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-01-2014, 12:07 PM
quote='WitchSabrina' pid='472687' dateline='1390326968']
[Image: 51ff34d7.jpg]

WITCHES LIKE WHERE THIS THREAD IS GOING.

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
21-01-2014, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 12:56 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Thanks to Monster Riffs in another thread:

Luminon, like Patchman, has a patch on his skull where his critical thinking and reason were removed.

21-01-2014, 02:05 PM
(21-01-2014 08:58 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 07:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I'm treating meditation from the point of view of the occult philosophy I study. It recognizes many kinds of meditation as for personal disposition, but it is important for personal development. The other important thing is to use whatever we gained from meditation in activity of some kind, if possible, creative or altruistic activity. Meditation alone would likely cause some neurosis.

I use my insight from meditation to write school stuff and forum stuff and to correct the wrong things about my life. I also use it to get high. I searched inwards and found some terrible things in there - but the deeper I searched, I found some magnificent things there, experiences for which I can't take credit, experiences which I did nothing to earn, experiences greater than my little self. I went away from Pavlov, skipped Freud and went straight to Jung.

Right. So how do you call it when people see the whole world as one completely associated system, all is love, and completely lose discriminating faculties? I thought that is something like dissociation, or maybe opposite of it? I don't know how it's called, but I wish those people a dose of intellect.

I didn't say "superior to reality", I said "superior to reality as we know it", which is not synonymous with the actual reality. The areas of reality we can access are dependent on our consciousness. Expanding consciousness in meditation can contact some reality previously unknown, a way to see the world without the usual interpretations, for example.
However, here I referred to an inner experience of deep bliss and exaltation, because I know it intimately. Not so much wonder I could express in reasonable words except at how high I am while still technically passing as sober and still capable to write on the forum Big Grin

You're barking up a wrong tree here, I don't say Jesus exists. I say there is a phenomenon of feeling bliss and exaltation that gets very reliably ascribed to Jesus or God. Jesus has such a cultural propaganda, that he has almost a monopoly on this experience. People go around their business and this experience happens to them and 9 times out of 10 they jump on the bandwagon of the nearest religion, which usually happens to be Christianity.

I hang out with atheists for years, so I didn't jump on the bandwagon, but I can easily imagine that anyone else would. I've heard of professors who were rigid atheists and they just broke and went crazy for faith. The experience was so strong, that they swallowed it all with religious dogma, hook, line and sinker. They could find no middle ground between strong atheism and strong theism, they went from one extreme to another.
OTOH, I'm the middle ground guy, the professional fence-sitter. I was prepared.

Um - that's not my post you're answering.Blink
All I wrote was at the bottom mentioning the quote function wasn't working for you.

You appear to be responding to me - but this was not my post.Shocking

Yeh ????????? What the hell happened with that post ! Its my post.
The witch cast a take over identity switch spell !!!
Those witches !!!!

...but seriously, how come my user name posted as someone else - does that sort of thing happen on this blog ?

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
21-01-2014, 02:19 PM
(21-01-2014 02:05 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 08:58 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Um - that's not my post you're answering.Blink
All I wrote was at the bottom mentioning the quote function wasn't working for you.

You appear to be responding to me - but this was not my post.Shocking

Yeh ????????? What the hell happened with that post ! Its my post.
The witch cast a take over identity switch spell !!!
Those witches !!!!

...but seriously, how come my user name posted as someone else - does that sort of thing happen on this blog ?

I tried and tried and tried to say "Not my post"
*pout* sorry.

all I added was that it sucks when the quote function screws up.
Cause.......
well........

lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-01-2014, 02:21 PM
I used to dabble in woo woo, the occult and transcendental meditations.

I recall reading Deepak Chopra book 14 years ago and getting high from inspiration - I mean this guy knew quantum mechanics, spirituality, Transcendence, metaphysics, is Indian with cool accent, is a doctor and must be a brilliant councillor and professional. He showed me how we are all vibrating energy and transcendental creators of our immanent reality.

Just look how famously wise this guy is !!! He has an online quote generator. Even Einstein or Richard Feynman doesn't have an online quote generator from their books, sayings, anecdotes, science and poetry....a scholastic mastermind.

http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

Lets have a go....create word salads of woo woo
Rate the quotes for wisdom !!!

Quote:"The unexplainable nurtures unparalleled bliss" _
Quote:"The secret of the universe differentiates into unbridled space time events"
Quote:"Your body influences immortal silence"
Quote:Death transcends a jumble of knowledge
Quote:The mind inspires species specific chaos
Quote:Good health illuminates a symphony of mysteries
Quote:
Quote:Eternal stillness is inside great destiny
Quote:The cosmos fascinates quantum timelessness
Quote:Imagination is an ingredient of reckless facts

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
The last quote is genius ! It sums up Deepak so well !
(I swear this from the random quote generator and I did not make it up ! )

David Hume

[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
21-01-2014, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 02:35 PM by Luminon.)
(21-01-2014 11:24 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Please explain those "rules" to me. Is there a particular pagan doctrine you follow? A path you follow? Cause I am unfamiliar with "rules" once you step outside of main-stream religions.

Huh
Mostly the works of Alice Bailey plus a bit of earlier Theosophical literature and also some more modern that directly refers to Bailey.

As for rules, there are many of them - the usual law of action and reaction, rebirth, progress, sacrifice and so on. But in one Treatise Bailey describes 15 rules of the "old commentary" and in another she comments on more than 40 rules of Patanjali's Yoga Sutra. Most of the rules are in a symbolical language that has multiple meanings, so there's a plenty to explain in text and to derive intuitively as exercise, thereby training intuition. Basically, these are the principles of philosophy of development of consciousness, processes that people go through (often naturally) if they want to be better people.
Btw, there's a surprisingly high emphasis on intellect, rationality, facts, critical thinking and responsibility for knowledge. Lots of respect to science too - and lots of apologies for not being able to follow it in the book Smile

By the way, something of how all the others behave reminds me of The Big Bang Theory serial, the part when Sheldon Cooper (an autistic person rigidly insisting on rules) had to disregard one rule of his (pizza evening on Friday I think). This threw him completely out of mental balance and he just acted as if there were no social rules in the world whatsoever. (did crazy and silly stuff, etc)
I think there may be more people like this on the board and I just violated one very dear rule of theirs - we don't talk calmly, politely and intelligently to apparently crazy people (me). If we do that, there are no rules and we can start posting bullshit and acting like fucking retards.
21-01-2014, 02:33 PM
http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

continues............

Quote:The ego depends on spontaneous potentiality
Quote:The soul requires irrational creativity
Quote:The future quiets infinite actions
Quote:Everything is the continuity of unique possibilities
Quote:Your consciousness explores intricate force fields
you can even make reverse salad:

Quote:Potential spontaneity depends on the ego
Irrational creativity requires a soul
infinite actions require the future
unique possibilities continue everything
Intricate force fields explore your consciousness

Whatever is quoted "sounds right" no matter what combination.
Science at its best.

David Hume