What is Twitter for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: What is Twitter for?
My husband created an account for me and had me follow several health care accounts... I never used it once, and it got hacked. He would use it for law enforcement, news, and traffic updates.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 09:25 PM
The only decent use I can think of for Twitter is content creators being able quickly update their masses on work.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I use it to keep up with Bill Nye and Kim Dotcom. [/align]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-10-2014, 02:53 AM
It's for Stalking celebrities, following random fake facts, and poorly communicating issues on social discussions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Twitter is exponential in nature, simpler to use and MUCH easier to obtain an audience. For someone in a band, Twitter should be embraced if you have any aspirations whatsoever. It links common people to celebrities and powerful people without it being personal or a breach. Imagine you were playing a gig, tweeted to your followers that your gig was at 6p at Joe's Place of Music, and Random Follower, who could never be your friend on FB, sees your tweet and now retweets it to all of his followers, who then in turn has a follower that is friends with Rob Recordexec. Now this guy goes to the gig and you're discovered. That can NEVER happen on FB. It shouldn't be dismissed, it's extremely powerful in social media.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
(01-10-2014 11:56 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Twitter is exponential in nature, simpler to use and MUCH easier to obtain an audience. For someone in a band, Twitter should be embraced if you have any aspirations whatsoever. It links common people to celebrities and powerful people without it being personal or a breach. Imagine you were playing a gig, tweeted to your followers that your gig was at 6p at Joe's Place of Music, and Random Follower, who could never be your friend on FB, sees your tweet and now retweets it to all of his followers, who then in turn has a follower that is friends with Rob Recordexec. Now this guy goes to the gig and you're discovered. That can NEVER happen on FB. It shouldn't be dismissed, it's extremely powerful in social media.

Yeah... Think I'll leave it to the bass player to deal with. He seems to know the ropes, and how to avoid Darren.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
(30-09-2014 07:44 PM)Sam Wrote:  The bass player in my band has been trying to get me to use Twitter, cos apparently its useful somehow...

All I've got is a page full of ads for Dyson, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and bunch of other shit I already know exists...

Since I signed up, I put one, single, lonesome tweet up, and for the past four or five days my phone has been going mental telling me about all these people I've never heard of who are "following" me as if I've said or done something interesting.

What the fuck?

A pox on it I say...

As a Bass player, I say...listen to the Bassit darn it, we always know better! Evil_monster

I'm with you Sam, a pox on it.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Quote:It is worth repeating at this point the theories that Ford had come up with, on his first encounter with human beings, to account for their peculiar habit of continually stating and restating the very very obvious, as in "It's a nice day," or "You're very tall," or "So this is it, we're going to die."

His first theory was that if human beings didn't keep exercising their lips, their mouths probably shriveled up.

After a few months of observation he had come up with a second theory, which was this--"If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, their brains start working.”
― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

As far as I can see, Twitter is just the electronic version of the same problem

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-10-2014, 12:27 PM
No matter what your business, if you can produce anything that is good enough to get re-tweeted, you profit big time.

Lots of people hang out on twitter so I guess it has something for them. I get bored there personally. But for business, it's great.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-10-2014, 01:47 PM
(01-10-2014 12:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  No matter what your business, if you can produce anything that is good enough to get re-tweeted, you profit big time.

Lots of people hang out on twitter so I guess it has something for them. I get bored there personally. But for business, it's great.

+1

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me