What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 04:51 PM
What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
I tried to express my thoughts about abortion in a blog post.
http://chandlerklebs.wordpress.com/2013/...rrelevant/

I still don't know for sure if there is a better way of explaining myself. The abortion issue is very relevant to me and I want it to be talked about.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?
I would simply like to point out that a parasitic bundle of cells is not considered a human, a person, or a baby.

Secondly, murder is illegal. Since abortion is legal, abortion is not murder.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Foxen's post
12-01-2014, 05:07 PM
How many Unregistered can you fit into a thread?

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
12-01-2014, 05:09 PM
(12-01-2014 04:51 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I tried to express my thoughts about abortion in a blog post.

I still don't know for sure if there is a better way of explaining myself. The abortion issue is very relevant to me and I want it to be talked about.

A clump of cells with no neural tube is not a "baby". It's a "potential" baby.
Your use of the word "baby" has emotional overtones, which are unnecessary.
Why is this "relevant" to you ?
Do you have unprotected sex, and fail to go get Plan B ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-01-2014, 05:10 PM
(12-01-2014 04:51 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I tried to express my thoughts about abortion in a blog post.

Why would you bump this you twat??
Just create another thread.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
12-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Let me see if I can express all of my thoughts here...

First, do I think abortion is the morally pure? Not always, but I don't view this issue as black and white but more in the realm of the lesser of two evils. During the embryonic stage, I see no issue with it whatsoever. After that, it gets a little cloudier in my view. But even before the age of viability (say 22 weeks) I think it should be legal, no questions asked. There are just so many circumstances that can not be taken into account by law occurring such as maternal substance abuse or the chance of the baby being born to a mother who was not ready for the responsibly which could lead to abuse and neglect. I would MUCH rather see a fetus aborted than born and abused by some 15 year old who was in no way ready for parenthood. Going further, beyond the stage of viability, there are issues to be taken into account such a fetus with Trisomy 18, Downs Syndrome or other life threatening abnormalities. Forcing a women to continue a pregnancy where the inevitable outcome will be a severely disabled child or one who has a good chance of dying within minutes of birth is cruel and unethical. Therefore, I feel that we should trust our mothers and doctors to make these hard decision and keep the government out of our vaginas.
[+] 5 users Like jaxx's post
12-01-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm uncomfortable with it. I believe that if we are dealing with a viably healthy fetus, it is morally wrong. However, humans are frequently faced with difficult decisions and this is one of them. Good vs Bad is easy, but sometime the options are Bad vs Really Bad. Sometimes an abortion is the least wrong decision. That decision is hopefully made by intelligent people after a thorough analysis. Often it is not. But I do not wish to get into the business of making that difficult decision for someone else. That's what religion attempts to do but the State should stay out of it.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
12-01-2014, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 06:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-01-2014 05:30 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm uncomfortable with it. I believe that if we are dealing with a viably healthy fetus, it is morally wrong. However, humans are frequently faced with difficult decisions and this is one of them. Good vs Bad is easy, but sometime the options are Bad vs Really Bad. Sometimes an abortion is the least wrong decision. That decision is hopefully made by intelligent people after a thorough analysis. Often it is not. But I do not wish to get into the business of making that difficult decision for someone else. That's what religion attempts to do but the State should stay out of it.

Ain't my call. Watched ManlyGirl go through deeper and deeper postpartum depressions after each birth. After the 4th kid she was suicidal for months. Now that ain't uncharted territory for Girly but it was for Manly. When the 5th threatened and she realized she would end up offing herself, she took action. Doctors I guess were obligated to ask me and shit but all I said was "Ain't my call." They just nodded. Do we regret that? Alternative was Girly raising 5 kids on his own without a mother so no.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-01-2014, 05:55 PM
(12-01-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 05:30 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm uncomfortable with it. I believe that if we are dealing with a viably healthy fetus, it is morally wrong. However, humans are frequently faced with difficult decisions and this is one of them.

Ain't my call. Watched ManlyGirl go through deeper and deeper postpartum depressions after each kid. After the 4th kid she was suicidal for months. Now that ain't uncharted territory for Girly but it was for Manly. When the 5th threatened to off herself, she took action. Doctors I guess were obligated to ask me and shit but all I said was "Ain't my call." They just nodded. Do we regret that? Alternative was Girly raising 5 kids on his own without a mother so no.

Yes, this is one of the main reasons that I will not be having any more bio children. Postpartum depression and psychosis is nothing to mess around with.
[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post
12-01-2014, 06:05 PM
(12-01-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 05:30 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm uncomfortable with it. I believe that if we are dealing with a viably healthy fetus, it is morally wrong. However, humans are frequently faced with difficult decisions and this is one of them.

Ain't my call. Watched ManlyGirl go through deeper and deeper postpartum depressions after each birth. After the 4th kid she was suicidal for months. Now that ain't uncharted territory for Girly but it was for Manly. When the 5th threatened and she realized she would end up offing herself, she took action. Doctors I guess were obligated to ask me and shit but all I said was "Ain't my call." They just nodded. Do we regret that? Alternative was Girly raising 5 kids on his own without a mother so no.

I think that if you quoted and read the rest of what I posted you would find the we agree. Smile

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume