What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 11:26 PM
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(30-03-2014 10:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:19 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  You could make the same argument about any legal restriction. Who gets to decide at what age people can consent to have sexual intercourse? We as a society do. My opinion has nothing to do with forcing my beliefs onto a pregnant woman any more than your opinion (which I assume you have) that a twelve year old shouldn't be allowed to engage in sex acts with a twenty-five year old is forcing your beliefs onto others, regardless if they both consent to it.
I don't support laws based on my opinions or on majority vote. That ultimately becomes might makes right, and can be used to oppress minorities.
You must be uniquely positioned to render any judgements about matters of moral relevance. Shall I call you God?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 11:42 PM
(30-03-2014 10:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 09:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I can't decide who creeps me out more you or OP.
It never ever makes sense to kill a baby. Never.
I was in particular, talking about unborn babies.
In my opinion after birth would be up for debate.

Up for debate. Fuck me why do I come into this thread?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2014, 11:47 PM
(30-03-2014 11:26 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I don't support laws based on my opinions or on majority vote. That ultimately becomes might makes right, and can be used to oppress minorities.
You must be uniquely positioned to render any judgements about matters of moral relevance. Shall I call you God?
I have no moral beliefs.

Just call me Stevil, I'm OK with less formal terms.
30-03-2014, 11:49 PM
(30-03-2014 11:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:26 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  You must be uniquely positioned to render any judgements about matters of moral relevance. Shall I call you God?
I have no moral beliefs.

Just call me Stevil, I'm OK with less formal terms.

Somehow I doubt that translates into practice.
30-03-2014, 11:49 PM
(30-03-2014 11:42 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Up for debate. Fuck me why do I come into this thread?
Abortion and Infanticide can be very emotional topics for some people.
I can certainly see why some Catholics get very upset with abortion being a reality within society.
30-03-2014, 11:52 PM
(30-03-2014 11:49 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  Somehow I doubt that translates into practice.
Many people are Amoral
or Moral Nihilist
or Moral Skeptics
30-03-2014, 11:53 PM
(30-03-2014 11:49 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:42 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Up for debate. Fuck me why do I come into this thread?
Abortion and Infanticide can be very emotional topics for some people.
I can certainly see why some Catholics get very upset with abortion being a reality within society.

I wouldn't limit it to Catholics. Many atheists take issue with abortion as well.
30-03-2014, 11:54 PM
(30-03-2014 11:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:49 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  Somehow I doubt that translates into practice.
Many people are Amoral
or Moral Nihilist
or Moral Skeptics

I doubt that's the case the moment they became the victim of a rape or some other violent/intrusive act.
31-03-2014, 01:11 AM
(30-03-2014 11:54 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Many people are Amoral
or Moral Nihilist
or Moral Skeptics

I doubt that's the case the moment they became the victim of a rape or some other violent/intrusive act.
Lack of moral belief does not equate to anarchism.
I am against rape and murder because I don't want to be murdered or raped, so I support those laws. Not because it is right or wrong but because it affects my life in strong way.
With my approach I cannot justify interfering in other people's lives if it doesn't impact me. Abortion, prostitution, polygomy etc do not affect me. I am against laws against those things. I do not hold them to be right or wrong. Other people can live their lives as they choose. I am pro-choice (not just abortion but on anything in general). I only interfere when I feel I absolutely must.
31-03-2014, 01:50 AM
From what I have read, you shut out what I think about abortion when chose the vocabulary.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles