What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(07-04-2014 07:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you discovered that you wife was cheating on you (new fact) wouldn't your feelings change?
*your

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 12:23 AM
(07-04-2014 04:48 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I don't see how my ignorance is hurting anyone or how your facts can help anyone. I can learn more facts but my feelings will not adjust to new facts. I don't see the point in being "scientific".

I just cannot get beyond this. I know I said I was done talking about it, but I can't. People have been hurting me with their ignorance my entire life.

I am like you. I tend to reason with my heart. I see the world in feelings too, but I adjust my feelings based on fact. I don't know how to comprehend a person whose feelings do not adjust to new facts. Every time you learn something new your life changes a little.
How can you base your feelings on fluff instead of reality?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-04-2014, 01:16 AM
(09-04-2014 12:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  How can you base your feelings on fluff instead of reality?

Are you the same person that said the following in a different thread?
(01-04-2014 02:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Not that I don't agree with you, but sometime fluff is necessary. 1) because we are all people. We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts.
Tongue
09-04-2014, 01:30 AM
(09-04-2014 01:16 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 12:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  How can you base your feelings on fluff instead of reality?

Are you the same person that said the following in a different thread?
(01-04-2014 02:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Not that I don't agree with you, but sometime fluff is necessary. 1) because we are all people. We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts.
Tongue
Hehehe you're so funny Tongue
My point was fluff is necessary to convince dumb people of your point. Not that you should base all of your feelings on fluff.
The feelings are the fluff, but feelings are worthless if you have no facts to back them up.
Mr. Smarty Pants Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-04-2014, 02:01 AM
You asked him "How can you base your feelings on fluff..."

But it seems you know and understand why some people do this

"We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts."

It seems that chandlerklebs' feelings might be somewhat understandable.
09-04-2014, 05:56 AM
(12-01-2014 04:51 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I tried to express my thoughts about abortion in a blog post.
http://chandlerklebs.wordpress.com/2013/...rrelevant/

I still don't know for sure if there is a better way of explaining myself. The abortion issue is very relevant to me and I want it to be talked about.

My "thoughts" on abortion are of no possible consequence to anyone but myself and the child I'm raising. But they run along the lines of this: abortion is a morally subjective matter best left to a woman and those she chooses to help her make a choice, and that I should expect that our legal system protects the right of all women to own their own bodies regardless of whether or not I agree with their choices.
[+] 3 users Like Mat0816's post
09-04-2014, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 09:38 AM by Losty.)
(09-04-2014 02:01 AM)Stevil Wrote:  You asked him "How can you base your feelings on fluff..."

But it seems you know and understand why some people do this

"We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts."

It seems that chandlerklebs' feelings might be somewhat understandable.

I understand that it can be true, but I don't understand why. I understand that a lot of times I have to use emotional facts about my own life or stories I've read in the news to get people's attention so they will even hear me out on the facts. That doesn't mean I think it's right and certainly doesn't mean I think it's acceptable to learn new facts and not adjust your feelings accordingly, and no, I don't find his feelings to be understandable.

Again, as always, you love to argue for the sake of argument about the most trivial thing. I guess because you're bored?

09-04-2014, 01:48 PM
(09-04-2014 09:32 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Again, as always, you love to argue for the sake of argument about the most trivial thing. I guess because you're bored?
Thanks for your assessment of me.

I think you are being hypocritical when you give chandlerklebs a hard time, maybe you get kicks out of hassling people. Anyway that's just you.
09-04-2014, 02:06 PM
(09-04-2014 01:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:32 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Again, as always, you love to argue for the sake of argument about the most trivial thing. I guess because you're bored?
Thanks for your assessment of me.

I think you are being hypocritical when you give chandlerklebs a hard time, maybe you get kicks out of hassling people. Anyway that's just you.

Nice job of I know you are but what am I. Very cute.

09-04-2014, 02:10 PM
What do I think about abortion? I'm thinking I am really sick and tired of seeing the subject raised at all. I truly felt WE as a country put this to bed back in the 70s and every time the subject comes up my heart weeps for humanity.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post