What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 07:48 AM by chandlerklebs.)
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(09-04-2014 02:10 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  What do I think about abortion? I'm thinking I am really sick and tired of seeing the subject raised at all. I truly felt WE as a country put this to bed back in the 70s and every time the subject comes up my heart weeps for humanity.

If we haven't yet ended the subject of god, what makes you think the subject of abortion will end just because some dudes passed a law to legalize it?

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2014, 07:47 AM
(09-04-2014 12:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 04:48 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I don't see how my ignorance is hurting anyone or how your facts can help anyone. I can learn more facts but my feelings will not adjust to new facts. I don't see the point in being "scientific".

I just cannot get beyond this. I know I said I was done talking about it, but I can't. People have been hurting me with their ignorance my entire life.

I am like you. I tend to reason with my heart. I see the world in feelings too, but I adjust my feelings based on fact. I don't know how to comprehend a person whose feelings do not adjust to new facts. Every time you learn something new your life changes a little.
How can you base your feelings on fluff instead of reality?

I don't base my feelings on fluff. The simple matter is that I don't choose how I feel. I have learned a lot more facts since I first started this thread. Ignorance is harmful and now I understand that. I am still just as pro-life as I ever was, but now I want my position to be based on facts.

The truth though is that we don't have a free will and our emotions lead us to reject facts that don't line up with our feelings until we can no longer avoid the truth.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2014, 08:54 AM
(12-01-2014 04:51 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I tried to express my thoughts about abortion in a blog post.
http://chandlerklebs.wordpress.com/2013/...rrelevant/

Abortion laws are irrelevant? Welcome to the pro-choice club.
There are always two questions here:
1. What is good, what is moral, what would I do in a particular situation?
2. What should the law say?
If you want the law to criminalise abortion you are pro-life. If you want the to not criminalise abortion you are pro-choice.

Once you have that question out of the way the next question as someone who does not want abortion to occur is, what effective and moral actions can be taken to reduce abortion rates? The best answers seem to be comprehensive sex education and good access to contraception.

The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control. If you proceed in that spirit to promote good and gentle things that reduce abortion rates then I have no argument with you.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
15-11-2014, 10:34 AM
(15-11-2014 07:47 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 12:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just cannot get beyond this. I know I said I was done talking about it, but I can't. People have been hurting me with their ignorance my entire life.

I am like you. I tend to reason with my heart. I see the world in feelings too, but I adjust my feelings based on fact. I don't know how to comprehend a person whose feelings do not adjust to new facts. Every time you learn something new your life changes a little.
How can you base your feelings on fluff instead of reality?

I don't base my feelings on fluff. The simple matter is that I don't choose how I feel. I have learned a lot more facts since I first started this thread. Ignorance is harmful and now I understand that. I am still just as pro-life as I ever was, but now I want my position to be based on facts.

The truth though is that we don't have a free will and our emotions lead us to reject facts that don't line up with our feelings until we can no longer avoid the truth.

What facts are there in favor of anti-choice again? (You are not "pro-life", you are pro-suffering and anti-choice)

You are however right that sometimes our emotions cloud good judgment. That sometimes we need to be able to distinguish between emotional wants, and actual facts. In this particular instance, those facts all point to - abortion good. Brining emotions into it that have no bearing on the matter can cloud that.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
15-11-2014, 10:41 AM
(15-11-2014 10:34 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  What facts are there in favor of anti-choice again?

If we allow women to control their own bodies they'll get all uppity. Next thing you know they'll be living their very own lives and not giving a shit about meddling assholes who want to control them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
15-11-2014, 11:05 AM
It should be allowed, with term limits.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
15-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Whats my thinking on abortion? I think I'm tired of talking about it.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-11-2014, 11:38 AM
(15-11-2014 11:28 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Whats my thinking on abortion? I think I'm tired of talking about it.

You support aborting the abortion topic?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
15-11-2014, 11:44 AM
(15-11-2014 11:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 11:28 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Whats my thinking on abortion? I think I'm tired of talking about it.

You support aborting the abortion topic?

Laughat

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
15-11-2014, 11:47 AM
(15-11-2014 11:05 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  It should be allowed, with term limits.

Haven't read through all of this thread, but I completely agree.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post