What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(15-11-2014 11:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 11:28 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Whats my thinking on abortion? I think I'm tired of talking about it.

You support aborting the abortion topic?

Yes please.
I long for the day abortions are such a non issue you never see it discussed anymore.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-11-2014, 01:46 PM
(15-11-2014 12:49 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I long for the day abortions are such a non issue you never see it discussed anymore.
I understand that in USA abortion is a hot topic, in NZ is very rarely discussed. No political party ever campaigns on it. It's legal and government pays the bill.

Would be interesting to know how much of a topic it is else were.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
15-11-2014, 02:21 PM
(15-11-2014 01:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 12:49 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I long for the day abortions are such a non issue you never see it discussed anymore.
I understand that in USA abortion is a hot topic, in NZ is very rarely discussed. No political party ever campaigns on it. It's legal and government pays the bill.

Here in Australia I've never noticed it to be a big issue; we're focused more on economic problems, dem nar boat people and tying to secure ourselves within the rapidly growing economies of our neighbours. And beating the Kiwis in sports, but that's not a thing I particularly care for. But considering the state laws, perhaps it should be a tad more in focus: In every state there are no enforced waiting times for abortion procedures and only minors must have the consent of their parents to undergo them.

However, the actual legal situation is different in every state; according to Wiki, South Australia for instance requires abortion only be done in a case where there will be serious handicaps or to protect the life of the mother. it also requires the procedure be done before 28 weeks and the procedure must be approved by two doctors and done in a hospital and only to a resident of the nation.
In Victoria, the procedure must be done before 24 weeks and two doctors must agree, but they can make their decision based on the mother's current and future social well being in addition to the considerations seen in SA's requirements.
In Western Australia, it can be done on request up to 20 weeks in, so long as the mother is subject to counselling by a medical professional aside from the one performing the procedure.
While all this is going on, you've got the Northern Territory saying: "Only within the first 14 weeks and only if the mother is in serious danger or the kid is seriously handicapped and if two doctors sign off. No exceptions. We might extend it to 23 weeks if something drastic come up."

While the politicos doesn't talk about it in the media too much, the people seem to approve of abortion rights; in 2010 for instance a representative survey published in the Medical Journal of Australia found that 61% of people above 18 believed that "abortion should be lawful without question for a woman in her first trimester of pregnancy".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-11-2014, 03:46 PM
(15-11-2014 02:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 01:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I understand that in USA abortion is a hot topic, in NZ is very rarely discussed. No political party ever campaigns on it. It's legal and government pays the bill.

Here in Australia I've never noticed it to be a big issue; we're focused more on economic problems, dem nar boat people and tying to secure ourselves within the rapidly growing economies of our neighbours. And beating the Kiwis in sports, but that's not a thing I particularly care for. But considering the state laws, perhaps it should be a tad more in focus: In every state there are no enforced waiting times for abortion procedures and only minors must have the consent of their parents to undergo them.

However, the actual legal situation is different in every state; according to Wiki, South Australia for instance requires abortion only be done in a case where there will be serious handicaps or to protect the life of the mother. it also requires the procedure be done before 28 weeks and the procedure must be approved by two doctors and done in a hospital and only to a resident of the nation.
In Victoria, the procedure must be done before 24 weeks and two doctors must agree, but they can make their decision based on the mother's current and future social well being in addition to the considerations seen in SA's requirements.
In Western Australia, it can be done on request up to 20 weeks in, so long as the mother is subject to counselling by a medical professional aside from the one performing the procedure.
While all this is going on, you've got the Northern Territory saying: "Only within the first 14 weeks and only if the mother is in serious danger or the kid is seriously handicapped and if two doctors sign off. No exceptions. We might extend it to 23 weeks if something drastic come up."

While the politicos doesn't talk about it in the media too much, the people seem to approve of abortion rights; in 2010 for instance a representative survey published in the Medical Journal of Australia found that 61% of people above 18 believed that "abortion should be lawful without question for a woman in her first trimester of pregnancy".

It is a big issue here because of religious reasons.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-11-2014, 10:35 AM
(15-11-2014 01:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

Remind me to move there.....
*Sigh*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
19-11-2014, 06:24 AM
(15-11-2014 08:54 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 04:51 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I tried to express my thoughts about abortion in a blog post.
http://chandlerklebs.wordpress.com/2013/...rrelevant/

Abortion laws are irrelevant? Welcome to the pro-choice club.
There are always two questions here:
1. What is good, what is moral, what would I do in a particular situation?
2. What should the law say?
If you want the law to criminalise abortion you are pro-life. If you want the to not criminalise abortion you are pro-choice.

Once you have that question out of the way the next question as someone who does not want abortion to occur is, what effective and moral actions can be taken to reduce abortion rates? The best answers seem to be comprehensive sex education and good access to contraception.

The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control. If you proceed in that spirit to promote good and gentle things that reduce abortion rates then I have no argument with you.

I think of myself as pro-life in the sense of promoting and defending life. However, I am no longer focused on the law as I once was. I see passing laws as ineffective at producing long term change.

And I thank you for your reply. I have no argument with others who are willing to take the steps they believe will lead to fewer abortions. Just how this is to be done is still something I think constantly about. I talk often with people who call themselves pro-choice and try not to ignore the truth in what they are saying.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2014, 06:39 AM
(19-11-2014 06:24 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 08:54 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Abortion laws are irrelevant? Welcome to the pro-choice club.
There are always two questions here:
1. What is good, what is moral, what would I do in a particular situation?
2. What should the law say?
If you want the law to criminalise abortion you are pro-life. If you want the to not criminalise abortion you are pro-choice.

Once you have that question out of the way the next question as someone who does not want abortion to occur is, what effective and moral actions can be taken to reduce abortion rates? The best answers seem to be comprehensive sex education and good access to contraception.

The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control. If you proceed in that spirit to promote good and gentle things that reduce abortion rates then I have no argument with you.

I think of myself as pro-life in the sense of promoting and defending life. However, I am no longer focused on the law as I once was. I see passing laws as ineffective at producing long term change.

And I thank you for your reply. I have no argument with others who are willing to take the steps they believe will lead to fewer abortions. Just how this is to be done is still something I think constantly about. I talk often with people who call themselves pro-choice and try not to ignore the truth in what they are saying.

Are you saying you would condone illegal or extreme actions if it meant fewer abortions?
Where do you draw the line at what is too extreme?
Bombing abortion clinics ok with you?
Injuring or killing healthcare workers?
If you believe these are acceptable solutions then calling yourself 'pro-life' is delusional.
19-11-2014, 06:41 AM
(19-11-2014 06:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:24 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I think of myself as pro-life in the sense of promoting and defending life. However, I am no longer focused on the law as I once was. I see passing laws as ineffective at producing long term change.

Are you saying you would condone illegal or extreme actions if it meant fewer abortions?
Where do you draw the line at what us too extreme?
If you believe these are acceptable solutions then calling yourself 'pro-life' is delusional.

I think he actually meant the opposite, as in, he used to think it was OK to impose his abortion ideas via legal means (i.e. attempt to outlaw abortion), but now prefers to address it through other means.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-11-2014, 06:46 AM
(19-11-2014 06:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  Are you saying you would condone illegal or extreme actions if it meant fewer abortions?
Where do you draw the line at what us too extreme?

I think he actually meant the opposite, as in, he used to think it was OK to impose his abortion ideas via legal means (i.e. attempt to outlaw abortion), but now prefers to address it through other means.

Well, what is the opposite of legal?
19-11-2014, 07:00 AM
(19-11-2014 06:46 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think he actually meant the opposite, as in, he used to think it was OK to impose his abortion ideas via legal means (i.e. attempt to outlaw abortion), but now prefers to address it through other means.

Well, what is the opposite of legal?

No man, like, that he wants to I dunno, hold anti-abortion cake sales or something, rather than seeking to *impose* his will on people. That's how I read it anyway.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.