What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 07:01 AM
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(19-11-2014 06:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:24 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I think of myself as pro-life in the sense of promoting and defending life. However, I am no longer focused on the law as I once was. I see passing laws as ineffective at producing long term change.

And I thank you for your reply. I have no argument with others who are willing to take the steps they believe will lead to fewer abortions. Just how this is to be done is still something I think constantly about. I talk often with people who call themselves pro-choice and try not to ignore the truth in what they are saying.

Are you saying you would condone illegal or extreme actions if it meant fewer abortions?
Where do you draw the line at what is too extreme?
Bombing abortion clinics ok with you?
Injuring or killing healthcare workers?
If you believe these are acceptable solutions then calling yourself 'pro-life' is delusional.

No, I do not think that hurting or killing people in the name of being "pro-life" is an acceptable solution. To do so would imply that I cared more about people before they are born than I do after they are born. The people who bomb clinics or do other sorts of violence are more likely to be Christians who believe that violence is the answer because their God does it in their bible.

In the same way, though religion is one of the major causes of death, bombing churches is not the solution. Rather, proving to the religious people that they are wrong is the route I would rather take.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2014, 07:05 AM
(19-11-2014 07:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:46 AM)pablo Wrote:  Well, what is the opposite of legal?

No man, like, that he wants to I dunno, hold anti-abortion cake sales or something, rather than seeking to *impose* his will on people. That's how I read it anyway.

Laugh out load Ok, I get that I guess. Maybe he could have been more clear and direct about what he meant by "other means".
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-11-2014, 07:10 AM
(19-11-2014 06:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  Are you saying you would condone illegal or extreme actions if it meant fewer abortions?
Where do you draw the line at what us too extreme?
Bombing abortion clinics ok with you?
Injuring or killing healthcare workers?
If you believe these are acceptable solutions then calling yourself 'pro-life' is delusional.

I think he actually meant the opposite, as in, he used to think it was OK to impose his abortion ideas via legal means (i.e. attempt to outlaw abortion), but now prefers to address it through other means.

You interpret correctly. I see that it would be more practical for people to change individually through understanding things in a new way. A lot of it is overcoming religious ideas that lead to abortion. The blame that Christians place on women who are single mothers may be one of the biggest things that lead those women to abort just to avoid such cruel treatment. I don't blame them at all for that.

And I can admit that if I were in that situation, it is possible that I would do the same. This in no way means that I am justifying abortion or pretending that it is anything other than murder. I just know that their are so many causes that lead to it happening and I seek to prevent them.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
19-11-2014, 07:28 AM
(19-11-2014 07:10 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  This in no way means that I am justifying abortion or pretending that it is anything other than murder. I just know that their are so many causes that lead to it happening and I seek to prevent them.

Whatever floats your boat dude. Why do you care anyway?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-11-2014, 07:34 AM
(19-11-2014 07:10 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  ... This in no way means that I am justifying abortion or pretending that it is anything other than murder. ...

lul wut.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
19-11-2014, 09:10 AM
(19-11-2014 07:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 07:10 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  This in no way means that I am justifying abortion or pretending that it is anything other than murder. I just know that their are so many causes that lead to it happening and I seek to prevent them.

Whatever floats your boat dude. Why do you care anyway?

The same reason I would care about any other life, including mine or yours. It only happens once.

19-11-2014, 12:50 PM
(19-11-2014 07:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 06:46 AM)pablo Wrote:  Well, what is the opposite of legal?

No man, like, that he wants to I dunno, hold anti-abortion cake sales or something, rather than seeking to *impose* his will on people. That's how I read it anyway.
Just like people who are anti-fur, or anti caged chickens etc. They create pamphlets, go to the streets and try and educate people. Get TV documentaries created etc.
There are other ways to try and convince people rather than to force them.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
19-11-2014, 12:56 PM
(19-11-2014 07:10 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  This in no way means that I am justifying abortion or pretending that it is anything other than murder.
Murder is defined as "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another."
Abortion is not unlawful.
Therefore, abortion is not murder.

Q.E.D.

Bowing

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post
19-11-2014, 02:24 PM
(19-11-2014 09:10 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  The same reason I would care about any other life, including mine or yours. It only happens once.

You seem to particularly care about this one hot button topic though. What about the lives that are shit lives, that are lived all over the world everywhere? Why does *abortion* get your interest over that - you are allowed to say "no particular reason" - that is perfectly valid.

Personally I think aborting lil' kiddie-poos is a very rational thing to do...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Wtaf how is thread even still going?
@md anti-abortion cake sales Laugh out load this joke takes the cake
@those against abortion. Don't have one.
/thread

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post