What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 11:35 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(12-01-2014 08:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(27-01-2010 11:08 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  There has to be a line somewhere. A collection of cells is not a human being, but no one can come up with a line between "cells" and "baby" that satisfies all parties. Our current limit - the first trimester, I think - is about as good as it's going to get.

First trimester is not the limit where I live. Viability is the limit her and I think that is the best limit. Anytime after 19 weeks you have to have a test done to see if the "baby" is viable outside the womb. If it is viable you cannot have an abortion. If it is not viable then you can.

"Viability" does not mean quality life. Just because a fetus can survive in no way means it will be "normal". 19-20 week births usually have multiple serious defects : hearing, sight, cardiac ... etc etc). Viability is not a useful standard.

The fertilized egg is not implanted in the uterine wall for a number of hours (days). "Plan B" is not "abortion". Anyone who has unprotected sex and does not want to get pregnant can go get Plan B WITH NO PRESCRIPTION at most any drug store, and prevent conception. The world's leading OBGYN professors have agreed it is NOT an "abortifacient". Abortion is an irrelevant topic today. Almost all that are done past the first trimester are necessary for medical reasons. It's an emotional red herring used by beligious nuts to engage people who are ignorant of WHAT ACTUALLY GOES ON IN MEDICAL OFFICES/centers, in an irrelevant and uninformed topic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 09:07 AM by houseofcantor.)
Dead horses and a buncha necroposting motherfuckers. Dodgy

(12-01-2014 04:51 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  The abortion issue is very relevant to me and I want it to be talked about.

Then you should probably hire a mouthpiece as you made an ignorant, emotional mess of it. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-01-2014, 09:52 AM
(13-01-2014 08:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 08:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  First trimester is not the limit where I live. Viability is the limit her and I think that is the best limit. Anytime after 19 weeks you have to have a test done to see if the "baby" is viable outside the womb. If it is viable you cannot have an abortion. If it is not viable then you can.

"Viability" does not mean quality life. Just because a fetus can survive in no way means it will be "normal". 19-20 week births usually have multiple serious defects : hearing, sight, cardiac ... etc etc). Viability is not a useful standard.

The fertilized egg is not implanted in the uterine wall for a number of hours( days). "Plan B" is not "abortion". Anyone who has unprotected sex and does not want to get pregnant can go get Plan B WITH NO PRESCRIPTION at most any drug store, and prevent conception. The world's leading OBGYN professors have agreed it is NOT an "abortifacient". Abortion is an irrelevant topic today. Almost all that are done past the first trimester are necessary for medical reasons. It's an emotion red herring used by beligious nuts to engage people who are ignorant of WHAT ACTUALLY GOES ON IN MEDICAL OFFICES, in an irrelevant and uninformed topic.

Why are you so offended by my post? All I did was tell what the law is where I live and say I agree with it. I was responding to Unbeliever's question about how we draw the line between cells and baby.

Your second statement is just not true. I personally think abortion should be legal at ANY stage of gestation IF it is medically necessary to save the life of the mother. But even if we changed that law we would still have issues with abortions after first trimester that aren't medically necessary. Why don't read up on it. All it takes is a google. The main reason for late term abortions that are not medically necessary is that we have pregnant women who cannot afford an abortion. It may take them months to come up with enough money to pay for an abortion. I personally think places like planned parenthood should be allowed to give out the abortion pills just like they do with the day after pill to anyone who is 10 weeks pregnant or less.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-01-2014, 10:00 AM
(13-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 08:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Viability" does not mean quality life. Just because a fetus can survive in no way means it will be "normal". 19-20 week births usually have multiple serious defects : hearing, sight, cardiac ... etc etc). Viability is not a useful standard.

The fertilized egg is not implanted in the uterine wall for a number of hours( days). "Plan B" is not "abortion". Anyone who has unprotected sex and does not want to get pregnant can go get Plan B WITH NO PRESCRIPTION at most any drug store, and prevent conception. The world's leading OBGYN professors have agreed it is NOT an "abortifacient". Abortion is an irrelevant topic today. Almost all that are done past the first trimester are necessary for medical reasons. It's an emotion red herring used by beligious nuts to engage people who are ignorant of WHAT ACTUALLY GOES ON IN MEDICAL OFFICES, in an irrelevant and uninformed topic.

Why are you so offended by my post? All I did was tell what the law is where I live and say I agree with it. I was responding to Unbeliever's question about how we draw the line between cells and baby.

Your second statement is just not true. I personally think abortion should be legal at ANY stage of gestation IF it is medically necessary to save the life of the mother. But even if we changed that law we would still have issues with abortions after first trimester that aren't medically necessary. Why don't read up on it. All it takes is a google. The main reason for late term abortions that are not medically necessary is that we have pregnant women who cannot afford an abortion. It may take them months to come up with enough money to pay for an abortion. I personally think places like planned parenthood should be allowed to give out the abortion pills just like they do with the day after pill to anyone who is 10 weeks pregnant or less.

I'm not offended by your post. I'm offended by the thread. I don't need to "read" up on anything. I WORK in a hospital, and I KNOW what goes on there, AND I have worked on studies of preemies. There are VERY VERY few late term abortions, in real life. I KNOW what Planned Parenthood does. Abortion as an issue is a PAST debate. The ground has shifted under the feet of the religious crazies who continue to even talk about it. What is needed is EDUCATION to kids about Plan B.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2014, 10:01 AM
(13-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Why are you so offended by my post?

He ain't. He's just offended in general. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-01-2014, 10:05 AM
(13-01-2014 10:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Why are you so offended by my post?

He ain't. He's just offended in general. Tongue

I have been quite the impatient bitch lately.
Maybe time for a vay-cay from the nut house.

13-01-2014, 10:14 AM
(13-01-2014 10:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He ain't. He's just offended in general. Tongue

I have been quite the impatient bitch lately.
Maybe time for a vay-cay from the nut house.

What's this lately shit? Tongue

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-01-2014, 10:22 AM
(13-01-2014 10:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Why are you so offended by my post? All I did was tell what the law is where I live and say I agree with it. I was responding to Unbeliever's question about how we draw the line between cells and baby.

I'm not offended by your post. I'm offended by the thread. I don't need to "read" up on anything. I WORK in a hospital, and I KNOW what goes on there, AND I have worked on studies of preemies. There are VERY VERY few late term abortions, in real life. I KNOW what Planned Parenthood does. Abortion as an issue is a PAST debate. The ground has shifted under the feet of the religious crazies who continue to even talk about it. What is needed is EDUCATION to kids about Plan B.

I vote no. You need NO vac-cay from crazy. Someone has to keep their foot to the pedal on this abortion nonsense. Sometimes I kinda want to slap myself in the head to the tune of "what fucking YEAR is this" because i cannot believe abortion is even still a debate or conversation. I'm with you. Thread title kinda makes me want to scream.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-01-2014, 10:25 AM
(13-01-2014 10:22 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Someone has to keep their foot to the pedal on this abortion nonsense.

Yabut. Where's the bird? Consider

13-01-2014, 10:28 AM
(13-01-2014 10:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:22 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Someone has to keep their foot to the pedal on this abortion nonsense.

Yabut. Where's the bird? Consider

He'll be along shortly I'm sure. Heart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.