What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 07:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(13-01-2014 07:43 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What kinda help we talking? Come clean bitch.

[Image: marathon.jpg]
I didnt know there was a username like urs.. too funny.. sorry.. ha.. what are the odds of that?? Kinda like God being real.... dooooh!!!

No apology necessary. Still wanna know what sorta help we talking about.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 07:51 PM
(13-01-2014 07:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 07:43 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  I didnt know there was a username like urs.. too funny.. sorry.. ha.. what are the odds of that?? Kinda like God being real.... dooooh!!!

Still wanna know what sorta help we talking about.

Oh... I got him a girlfriend!
13-01-2014, 07:52 PM
I wish the OP was still around to reword the title of this thread. Every time it pops up in my new posts, I get a sharp pang of anxiety.
[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post
13-01-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(13-01-2014 07:52 PM)jaxx Wrote:  I wish the OP was still around to reword the title of this thread. Every time it pops up in my new posts, I get a sharp pang of anxiety.

You're welcome.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-01-2014, 08:44 PM
(13-01-2014 08:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 07:52 PM)jaxx Wrote:  I wish the OP was still around to reword the title of this thread. Every time it pops up in my new posts, I get a sharp pang of anxiety.

You're welcome.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post
30-03-2014, 04:13 PM
(12-01-2014 06:22 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So since you want to talk about it, I'll bite.

What types of situations would make you feel abortion to the right course of action, Klebs? Some? None? I know a previous member of the church of fathers who is pro-life. Maybe you two should get to know each other. She's an atheist, though. Depending on your response though - she wants to abolish abortion. If a woman is raped, she feels the baby should be carried to term, despite psychological damage done to the mother. Essentially, psychological torture.

There is no situation that would make abortion right. You might convince me of a case where abortion is necessary, but it would not make it right. To me, something being "right" is a moral statement that it is good and provides a benefit. I see no good that can come from abortion.

Also, I am highly interested in meeting and talking to any pro-life atheist I can. How can I contact the woman you mentioned who wants to abolish abortion?

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2014, 04:16 PM
(30-03-2014 04:13 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 06:22 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So since you want to talk about it, I'll bite.

What types of situations would make you feel abortion to the right course of action, Klebs? Some? None? I know a previous member of the church of fathers who is pro-life. Maybe you two should get to know each other. She's an atheist, though. Depending on your response though - she wants to abolish abortion. If a woman is raped, she feels the baby should be carried to term, despite psychological damage done to the mother. Essentially, psychological torture.

There is no situation that would make abortion right. You might convince me of a case where abortion is necessary, but it would not make it right. To me, something being "right" is a moral statement that it is good and provides a benefit. I see no good that can come from abortion.

Also, I am highly interested in meeting and talking to any pro-life atheist I can. How can I contact the woman you mentioned who wants to abolish abortion?
So you just don't think abortion is right? Or do you think abortion is actually wrong?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
30-03-2014, 04:30 PM
(13-01-2014 10:40 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  nobody, has the right to tell another person what they can and can not do with their body.. i dont care about ur religious beliefs,, or if ur against abortion. mind ur own life. and if u are a bible believing christian and u think its wrong cause the bible says so..... well i got news for u., read ur dam book, its full of nasty stuff. i read it 4 times and each time i read it i find myself thinking how can a person believe this..

Actually, I no longer believe the bible and I am not even close to being christian. Back when I did believe in God, the bible, and an afterlife, I thought that God would somehow fix things eventually. Now I see that the abortion issue is enough to show me that I cannot trust a creator of this world even if there is one. You made too many assumptions about me.

I am opposed to abortion for many non-religious reasons. I feel like I should have the right not to pay for it. This is impossible with the current state of the US government. I think that abortion MUST be talked about. A moral person cannot ignore something as big as abortion. It involves killing, lying, and stealing.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
30-03-2014, 04:48 PM
(30-03-2014 04:30 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:40 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  nobody, has the right to tell another person what they can and can not do with their body.. i dont care about ur religious beliefs,, or if ur against abortion. mind ur own life. and if u are a bible believing christian and u think its wrong cause the bible says so..... well i got news for u., read ur dam book, its full of nasty stuff. i read it 4 times and each time i read it i find myself thinking how can a person believe this..

Actually, I no longer believe the bible and I am not even close to being christian. Back when I did believe in God, the bible, and an afterlife, I thought that God would somehow fix things eventually. Now I see that the abortion issue is enough to show me that I cannot trust a creator of this world even if there is one. You made too many assumptions about me.

I am opposed to abortion for many non-religious reasons. I feel like I should have the right not to pay for it. This is impossible with the current state of the US government. I think that abortion MUST be talked about. A moral person cannot ignore something as big as abortion. It involves killing, lying, and stealing.

WTAF are you going on about?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
30-03-2014, 05:01 PM
(30-03-2014 04:30 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I am opposed to abortion for many non-religious reasons. I feel like I should have the right not to pay for it. This is impossible with the current state of the US government. I think that abortion MUST be talked about. A moral person cannot ignore something as big as abortion. It involves killing, lying, and stealing.

Killing? Not of a person.

Lying? Who is lying?

Stealing? My taxes go to many things I disagree with.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post