What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 09:35 PM
RE: What is Your Thinking On Abortion ?
(30-03-2014 09:30 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  It is killing of a person, and anyone who says otherwise is clearly lying or brainwashed by another liar. Taxation is stealing no matter where the money goes. In my case though, the fact that it does go toward killing is what upsets me.
The concept of a person is nonsensical belief. Arbitrary in its definition.

Abortion kills a human individual organism.

In some cases it make's economic sense to kill babies. i.e. A teenager instead stays at school, gets an education, gets a job and saves up money before starting a family.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 09:36 PM
(30-03-2014 06:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
Quote:I want to find a way to prevent abortions but since laws have no meaning, I am still searching for a better way.
Maybe you could try to convince people not to have abortions, rather than to use law and force them not to.
Maybe you could lobby to have sex education taught in schools.
Maybe you could lobby to allow gay people to adopt unwanted babies.
Maybe fund contraceptive research.
Maybe put effort into getting the poor to stick around longer in schools.

There are many people in this boat of yours.
Many people trying to convince people not to buy caged chicken's eggs etc.

I am not against sex education at all. I also don't know who is stopping gay people from adopting. Anything that will result in preventing conception in the first place automatically reduces the need for abortion.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2014, 09:43 PM
(30-03-2014 09:30 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 05:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Killing? Not of a person.

Lying? Who is lying?

Stealing? My taxes go to many things I disagree with.

It is killing of a person, and anyone who says otherwise is clearly lying or brainwashed by another liar. Taxation is stealing no matter where the money goes. In my case though, the fact that it does go toward killing is what upsets me.

Like guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Abortions don't terminate unwanted pregnancies, the mother does.
Abortion clinics and doctors make it a safe/sanitary process.

If "pro-life" people actually cared about what they claim, they would be investing in unwanted pregnancy counselling clinics.
Not trying to shut-down the safe avenues for abortion that are available.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...ng-support

Abortions have been with us since biblical times, there were no abortion clinics then.

My current opinion is that the well-being , physically and mentally of the mother is paramount and no one has the right to dictate when they breed.

sort of a paradox.....

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
30-03-2014, 09:49 PM
(30-03-2014 09:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 09:30 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  It is killing of a person, and anyone who says otherwise is clearly lying or brainwashed by another liar. Taxation is stealing no matter where the money goes. In my case though, the fact that it does go toward killing is what upsets me.
The concept of a person is nonsensical belief. Arbitrary in its definition.

In some cases it make's economic sense to kill babies. i.e. A teenager instead stays at school, gets an education, gets a job and saves up money before starting a family.

I can't decide who creeps me out more you or OP.
It never ever makes sense to kill a baby. Never.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
30-03-2014, 09:51 PM
(30-03-2014 09:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 09:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The concept of a person is nonsensical belief. Arbitrary in its definition.

I can't decide who creeps me out more you or OP.

I'm really hoping it was just poor word choice, and that he meant fetus. Confused

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
30-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I really find it weird that people act as if a fetus and a baby are different things. One does not simply become a baby at birth. If a fetus is just a clump of cells as some say, then I am just a larger clump of cells or a giant baby.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
30-03-2014, 10:02 PM
(30-03-2014 09:58 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I really find it weird that people act as if a fetus and a baby are different things. One does not simply become a baby at birth. If a fetus is just a clump of cells as some say, then I am just a larger clump of cells or a giant baby.

Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
Embryo-Morula stage before attaching as a blastocyst to uterus, sex not determined
Foetus - Extra embryonic structures developed, sex can be determined
Neonate -New born child
Baby- Child stage after first day , up to 5 years of age...
Nov 16, 2013

I don't think a fetus in the late stages of pregnancy is just a clump of cells, but I fetus is a fetus and a baby is a baby. They're not technically the same thing.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
30-03-2014, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 10:23 PM by Pickup_shonuff.)
(30-03-2014 06:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:50 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  My difficulty with the abortion issue is arbitrarily defining at what point a human life should be granted personhood rights.
Why does it even matter what your beliefs are regarding rights?
How does this justify you forcing your own beliefs onto a pregnant woman?

It's not a question of rights, it is a question of "Why is it your (government) business to interfere?"

You could make the same argument about any legal restriction. Who gets to decide at what age people can consent to have sexual intercourse? We as a society do. My opinion has nothing to do with forcing my beliefs onto a pregnant woman any more than your opinion (which I assume you have) that a twelve year old shouldn't be allowed to engage in sex acts with a twenty-five year old is forcing your beliefs onto others, regardless if they both consent to it.
30-03-2014, 10:46 PM
(30-03-2014 09:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I can't decide who creeps me out more you or OP.
I was in particular, talking about unborn babies.
In my opinion after birth would be up for debate.
30-03-2014, 10:48 PM
(30-03-2014 10:19 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  You could make the same argument about any legal restriction. Who gets to decide at what age people can consent to have sexual intercourse? We as a society do. My opinion has nothing to do with forcing my beliefs onto a pregnant woman any more than your opinion (which I assume you have) that a twelve year old shouldn't be allowed to engage in sex acts with a twenty-five year old is forcing your beliefs onto others, regardless if they both consent to it.
I don't support laws based on my opinions or on majority vote. That ultimately becomes might makes right, and can be used to oppress minorities.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post