What is a God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2011, 11:15 PM

RE: What is a God?
What is god? you ask... here is what I think, if god is real (that is one BIG if), then no one has ever defined it as it is, all the religions have always tryed to make "their god" the "right and righteous one" always damming all the "non believers" and "heretics", even declaring "holy wars" and that last one is an atrocity that countradicts the very "rightfullness" of their gods.

Personnaly, althought everybody knows that the flying spaguetty monster is a ridiculous, hilarious and somewhat pathetic idea, I think that it is a better model of a god than the rest of gods of most religions (christian included) because all the other gods are intolerant towards each other, while fsm states that "he would rather that you wouldn't hurt anyone in his name". Now THAT is a statement I can be agreed with XD.

Finally, as one of the most respected psyquiatrist of all history, Sigmund Freud, said once: "god is a delussion made out by men in order to replace the paternal figure that everybody wishes but can't always have" If you want some proof of that, just look at the most comon characteristics of the gods in general: powerfull, knows it all, punishes when you are bad, but rewards when you are good. All those are characteristics with the ones a kid would describe his father.

Well, that's it for now, hoping to read your answers...
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2011, 03:05 AM
God is the anthropomorphizing of the world around the naive in the same sense as, when saying your car does not start, your car "has something against you".

Hurricane: God is angry
Death of a loved one: God punishes you
A coincidence: God signals you

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2011, 04:45 PM
The only 'Goddess' I worship is Mother NatureTongue

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply