What is a proof?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: What is a proof?
Definition word games and evasion... *yawn*

Wake me up whenever this theist does something original...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2014, 07:07 AM
(22-08-2014 05:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 04:02 AM)Muslim Wrote:  By Logic yes
but Science! I doubt
because God created laws that govern the universe
Science can get clues but not solid, rough proof

What exactly are these laws? If they govern the universe then surely by now we must at least know one or two laws that exist.

You are suggesting that they are laws of logic.

Demonstrate how these laws help us to better explain and understand reality.
Those are the basic logic rules, that we built algebra, formal logic and mathematics
1-The law of identity; which is our ability to define and recognize things
2-The law of non-contradiction; which means that mutually exclusive statements, cannot exist at the same time
24-08-2014, 07:21 AM
(23-08-2014 09:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  A logical paradox does exist. I have just showed you one. Look there exists one on post 38.
I showed to you they cannot exist, because you put the word "claim" in it, they are no longer Mutually exclusive

Quote:It even has a physical existence if you count the magnetic bits on people's hard drives and patterns of electrical charge in RAM and neurons.
Those also are not real, it is our knowledge which is limited about the subject

Quote:
(23-08-2014 07:36 AM)Muslim Wrote:  (formal) Logic is how are brains work, they are just a few very simple rules

Wrong.

Citations are required from you if you are going to persist with this line of argument. Not least you specifying what those few very simple rules actually are.

At the very most dendritic trees can be used to encode logical functions but that ignores how neurons work, secondary messengers, neuromodulation, synaptic drift, hebbian learning and habituation.
As I said, logic is not enough to describe the world
when I say, how our brain work, I mean function not how it work internally
24-08-2014, 07:30 AM
(23-08-2014 01:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Why do senior Muslim clerics believe that someone should be beheaded who decides that they don't want to be a Muslim after using the intelligence, logic and types of proof given to them by the all merciful, all compassionate Allah?
It is the same like removing a tumor from your brain if it is going to affect vital organs!

As Islam is the true religion
Rejecting God after knowing him, is the biggest crime you can make
so you will be punished by death (Like most countries punish on great treason)
another reason is that you can affect other people, so it is better to eliminate him before bringing more people to hell

Maybe you don't like the answer,
But if you assume that Islam is the right religion, then it makes sense
because the probability of more people going to hell is actually reduced by this killing, which is good
24-08-2014, 07:36 AM
(23-08-2014 11:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Definition word games and evasion... *yawn*

You'll be the new Rip Van Winkle. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2014, 07:44 AM
(24-08-2014 07:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 11:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Definition word games and evasion... *yawn*

You'll be the new Rip Van Winkle. Drinking Beverage

Well then, fuck me... Rolleyes

(That is a figurative fuck, not a literal fuck; yes I'm talking to you muffs...)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-08-2014, 07:52 AM
(24-08-2014 07:30 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 01:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Why do senior Muslim clerics believe that someone should be beheaded who decides that they don't want to be a Muslim after using the intelligence, logic and types of proof given to them by the all merciful, all compassionate Allah?
It is the same like removing a tumor from your brain if it is going to affect vital organs!

another reason is that you can affect other people, so it is better to eliminate him before bringing more people to hell

because the probability of more people going to hell is actually reduced by this killing, which is good

Oh, so you're literally endorsing mass murder.

What a charmer.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
24-08-2014, 08:19 AM

So let's behead people, which is good, to send them to hell to prevent people from going to hell? That makes perfect sense! Facepalm You can't force a person to truly believe something...fear does not equal belief. Of course I don't like your answer - I'm outraged by it. You're essentially stating that you approve of absolutely heinous mass murders.

You know what I find interesting about these pictures? Their depersonification, which is what I think you'd have to do to commit such atrocities. Because there are so many bodies, in some ways the pictures appear less gruesome than the ones with a butchered head being held by the hair with dripping blood, connective tissue and c-spine hanging out. If you'd like, I can post plenty of those - there's no short supply of beheadings in the Middle East right now. Maybe it's because you can see the expression on the PERSON'S face with the close ups that they are more horrifying. I find it morally repugnant and heinous. Have you seen the pictures of the little children beheaded or hanged in your merciful gods name? There's one of a little girl, appears to be maybe three years old (almost old enough to be married), and she's still wearing her beautiful little dress - she looks like a little doll, that's missing her head. Blink
She was probably going to grow up to be a Christian, so that makes her murder ok, right?

[Image: Burma-Muslim-massacre-%E2%80%93-Why-worl...ada01.jpeg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ5xgjOmjY6a6Pkl7VLW4...dA8i3vJdCi]

This one is from last month:

[Image: isis-mass-murder-of-iraqi-troops.jpg]

Go ahead, play your logic word games.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
24-08-2014, 09:23 AM

So "assuming" someone "knew" god and then "rejected" him/her/it is enough for your kind to murder them. Assuming something doesn't make it true. You are a disgusting, depraved piece of shit.
[+] 3 users Like joben1's post
24-08-2014, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2014 02:19 PM by goodwithoutgod.)

wow....you didn't waste any time exposing your true thoughts did you?

"As Islam is the true religion"

what? another person of faith who ardently claims HIS religion is the true one. You nodding your head and saying it emphatically doesn't make it true. here let me try, "Spongebob is the true god, and grants wishes for all who worship his holy sponge"....see? Doesn't make it true now does it child?

"Rejecting God after knowing him, is the biggest crime you can make
so you will be punished by death"

First we are all dying, some faster than others, but we are all dying, one day at a time...nothing to fear in death.

..Sorry bud, that doesn't strike fear in our hearts. You see, (1), you aren't in your shitty "homeland" where you can get away with child rape and beheading of those with different views. (2)I did three tours in iraq/afghanistan, three combat tours, I have personally participated in military operations that removed from the gene pool many of your kind who didn't deserve to draw oxygen. You don't intimidate me child, I have seen your kind close up, and funny thing is they don't look so scarey lying in the sand in a pool of their own blood. SO continue trying to scare women and children with your fear tactics somewhere else, you don't scare us....and you damn sure don't scare me. I have seen what hides behind those robes....a scrawny bearded scared little boy who thinks wielding a gun and planting an IED in a food market makes him a man...it doesn't....it makes your kind a coward who is too scared to fight like a man. You may as well don a burka like the scared little girl you are.

"Maybe you don't like the answer"

Maybe you don't like the truth? Islam is fake, like all other religions, Muhammad was a pedophile child rapist, allah doesn't exist as there is ZERO proof of his existence, and the proof falls on those who claim a ridiculous posit.

"But if you assume that Islam is the right religion, then it makes sense
because the probability of more people going to hell is actually reduced by this killing, which is good"

Assume....when you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. Nothing makes sense in regards to religion, and of all religions yours is the most despicable, disgusting, primitive and criminal. The probability of the world being a better place is actually increased with the removal of people who think like you...which is good.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post