What is a proof?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: What is a proof?
(28-08-2014 08:07 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  It sounds to me that "muslim" is in so much doubt that he is in his death throws as a believer. He is ignoring truths and manipulating almost everything in order to fit his faith. All because he fears death and punishment and longs for eternal life in paradise. Fear is a powerful tool isn't it?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the virgins. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2014, 09:29 AM
(19-08-2014 07:22 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Evidences are often used in science not logic.

This is just rubbish. Logic is structured reasoning. That is essentially what science is.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
28-08-2014, 09:39 AM
(28-08-2014 09:29 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 07:22 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Evidences are often used in science not logic.

This is just rubbish. Logic is structured reasoning. That is essentially what science is.

I think he may have meant that science relies on evidence, logic does not.

But given his other odd statements, I could well be wrong. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-08-2014, 11:30 AM
I see what you're saying. I think logic is axiomatic though.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
01-09-2014, 01:17 PM
(28-08-2014 09:29 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  

Using Logic as an abstract rules on observations = Science
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
(01-09-2014 01:17 PM)Muslim Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:29 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  This is just rubbish. Logic is structured reasoning. That is essentially what science is.
Using Logic as an abstract rules on observations = Science

No.

[Image: go-sit-in-the-corner-dumbass.jpg]

You couldn't even be bothered to type "what is science?" into Google, which makes you not only an ignorant cunt, but a lazy one as well.

I think your god needs a better representative here on Earth, because you are royally fucking it up.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
(01-09-2014 01:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 01:17 PM)Muslim Wrote:  Using Logic as an abstract rules on observations = Science

No.

[Image: go-sit-in-the-corner-dumbass.jpg]

You couldn't even be bothered to type "what is science?" into Google, which makes you not only an ignorant cunt, but a lazy one as well.
This definition is deeper and more accurate that Wikipedia!
01-09-2014, 08:51 PM
(01-09-2014 03:07 PM)Muslim Wrote:  This definition is deeper and more accurate that Wikipedia!

It is neither. It's just plain wrong.

Science is based on observations of real things, not on logic. Logic is not science; it is merely a very small part of the predictive aspect of science.

You cannot draft a syllogism based entirely on unsupported assumptions and *poof* a Middle Eastern war god into existence. If anything, the fact that you keep resorting to a ridiculous pseudo-mathematical, pseudo-logical thought experiment is a dead giveaway that you know there is no physical evidence for your imaginary friend Allah.
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
02-09-2014, 01:11 AM
(01-09-2014 08:51 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:07 PM)Muslim Wrote:  This definition is deeper and more accurate that Wikipedia!

It is neither. It's just plain wrong.

Science is based on observations of real things, not on logic. Logic is not science; it is merely a very small part of the predictive aspect of science.
This is what I said!
Logic is not a science at all
Science is using logic to analyze observations

Quote:You cannot draft a syllogism based entirely on unsupported assumptions and *poof* a Middle Eastern war god into existence. If anything, the fact that you keep resorting to a ridiculous pseudo-mathematical, pseudo-logical thought experiment is a dead giveaway that you know there is no physical evidence for your imaginary friend Allah.
I already proved God existence, read the proof
02-09-2014, 01:37 AM
(02-09-2014 01:11 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You cannot draft a syllogism based entirely on unsupported assumptions and *poof* a Middle Eastern war god into existence. If anything, the fact that you keep resorting to a ridiculous pseudo-mathematical, pseudo-logical thought experiment is a dead giveaway that you know there is no physical evidence for your imaginary friend Allah.
I already proved God existence, read the proof
[/quote]

[Image: 132727056311-Hahaha_no.gif]

Go home dumbass, over 2 weeks beating around the bush before presenting your 'proof of god', and it's even more underwhelming then we imagined. You have failed at every conceivable level. If I were the all powerful creator of the universe, I'd smite your stupid ass for being such a sorry little failure-pile.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]