What is a proof?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2014, 06:08 AM
RE: What is a proof?
(20-08-2014 05:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hey Mr. Mussy,
I guarantee you that no matter what you attempt here, it shall be refuted.

The problem with your "logic" bullshit, is that ANY false premise, whether stated (overt) or silent, can invalidate any logical argument. I guarantee you that we can/shall find false silent and overt premises for any god argument you can possibly cook up.
Generic statements like this usually has only one conclusion, the author doesn't know anything!

Anyway, I'll accept your challenge but if you cannot you must be my slave the rest of all your life Bowing

Quote:The president of the United States must be younger than 35.
Elizabeth Taylor is president of the United States.
So, Elizabeth Taylor must be younger than 35.

If Elizabeth Taylor is president of the United States, then Elizabeth Taylor must be younger than 35.
Elizabeth Taylor is president of the United States.
So, Elizabeth Taylor must be younger than 35.

Both are examples of correct logic, but invalid premises. For logic to be true, ALL the premises, both spoken and silent, must be true.
Good boy

Quote:Your proposed"god is more probable than not" argument is an example of a well known fallacy, thus totally invalid :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_probability
I didn't propose anything!

Quote:Logical validity guarantees a true conclusion, ONLY if all the premises (spoken and unspoken), are true. Ommiting a false silent premise is both bad luck and bad logic. I have a feeling you're not going to be all that lucky.
Do you mean you "believe" in that?
Where did you read that in your "Bible of the No God"?Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 06:34 AM
(20-08-2014 01:24 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Many Atheists play the "Idiot game"; they pretend that they are totally stupid and don't understand or accept anything, to evade God existence.

Prove it. You actually hang around atheists ? Or do you just behead them ?

(20-08-2014 02:20 AM)Muslim Wrote:  God is only one

Assertion. No Evidence. In the original Quran, Allah had 3 divine daughters, who were later removed. Oops.

(20-08-2014 05:47 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Because God created the universe, and allowed us to either believe in him or not, so it is choice for us to do/believe bad or right

So you came here to preach your crap. "God created" nothing. "Creation" is an action verb. It presupposes time, and Causality, neither of which have you explained nor posited. So much for being your slave. No one who is intellectually HONEST, can say they believe when they don't, or is your god SO fucking stupid, she wouldn't be able to tell the difference ?

(20-08-2014 05:47 AM)Muslim Wrote:  It is a matter of our understanding/belief to assign an action to (a) God or not

No. It's a matter of faith. Faith is the suspension of reason.

(20-08-2014 05:47 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Imagine if we can all see God in the sky; if somebody do wrong he sends a spark to burn him instantaneously
Human will not deserve a reward on good actions, God must be (somewhat Hidden) so we can deserve his rewards

Non-sequitur. It also implies your deity and her system is *subject* to Reality. That is no real god.

(20-08-2014 05:47 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Another example (not typical)
Let's assume that you hired a maid and want to test her if she is honest or a thief
The best test is to leave some money in the house and go out (maybe for several times) if she is honest she will not take the money
This test will be totally ridiculous if you stayed with her all time

Fallacy of the false analogy. There is no maid to be tested here. You must first, in a coherent manner, define what the word "god" means.

Just as I thought. You've got nothing.

Just ONCE, it would be nice if an intelligent theist would show up here.
Why do we get ALL the dumb ones ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-08-2014, 06:54 AM
The only type of proof that matters.

[Image: standard-drink-sizes.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
20-08-2014, 06:58 AM
Quote: Do you accept scientific or statistical outcomes as a proof?
In other words; if God is most likely, will you accept him?

If we're measuring by likelihood, then god is least likely.
Do you deny her?
20-08-2014, 07:03 AM
(20-08-2014 06:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fallacy of the false analogy. There is no maid to be tested here. You must first, in a coherent manner, define what the word "god" means.
this thread is not about God at all

Quote:Just as I thought. You've got nothing.
Even it is not about meTongue

Quote:Just ONCE, it would be nice if an intelligent theist would show up here.
Why do we get ALL the dumb ones ?
Define Intelligence?
and how do you know if a product came from an intelligent source or not?
(This will keep you busy for a while)
20-08-2014, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 08:01 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-08-2014 07:03 AM)Muslim Wrote:  this thread is not about God at all

Liar. You know why you came here. You think we were born yesterday ?

YOU asserted "god is one".
Is your memory failing you ?

(20-08-2014 07:03 AM)Muslim Wrote:  and how do you know if a product came from an intelligent source or not?
(This will keep you busy for a while)

No it won't. So far from you, all we've seen is the usual crap.
I can assume that something coming from someone who identifies with those who behead infidels and fly planes into towers can be dismissed as dangerous nonsense.

And BTW re : "Generic statements like this usually has only one conclusion, the author doesn't know anything!"
--- we can assume that someone who doesn't know enough to use a plural verb with a plural subject, (it's "usually have") shouldn't be making statements about who knows what. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Logic is a human construct, and premises must be informed by and justifiable with empirical evidence.

Cut the bullshit, OP, this dance isn't fooling anyone.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
20-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Muslim here's is my questions for you.
WHO IS YOUR "GOD?"
WHAT IS YOUR "PROOF?"

and guys don't ridicule me for this because yet again I am new here. But i have always believed that with out evidence you don't have logic and without logic you can't have proof. And from what I'm hearing you don't have any of the above mentioned. All you have done in this discussion is (in my eyes) put your ideals on replay by making excuses about what is real and what is fictional and to me it seem like a complete waste of your time....

You have yet to present a single piece of your "non existing" evidence. Why because you don't have any!!
20-08-2014, 08:34 AM
(20-08-2014 02:20 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 04:02 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  You received some great answers, and I'll just add that the only acceptable 'proof' to support any theory and/or concept, would be proof that is verifiable, testable, and objective. Secular, and not religious. In other words, one's 'holy book' is not proof of ''God.''
I agree; except (Testable) as this applies only to sets
i.e. set of events or members where it applies
God is only one

And no one has "met" him. So a holy book of stories isn't tangible proof.
What separates an atheist from a theist isn't that the theist has proof and the atheist refutes it. It is rather that a theist accepts ancient "stories" that have no evidence, as proof.

Only in religion, do we see people willing to accept hearsay as proof. If you were a juror listening to a court case, would you need tangible proof to reach your verdict? Or would you accept a witness' opinion as proof?

You accept opinions of others as proof, and atheists don't. Do you believe in Big Foot's existence? If not, why? Many people claim to have seen it. Just like god. Many people claim they know who or what he/it is.

Claims aren't proof.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
20-08-2014, 09:15 AM
(20-08-2014 07:35 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Logic is a human construct, and premises must be informed by and justifiable with empirical evidence.

Cut the bullshit, OP, this dance isn't fooling anyone.

There is a huge difference between good use of logic and what people stupidly mistake as logic which really mounts to "I am merely going to go with what feels good and wont test it to insure quality of data".

If you have a valid claim that is provable, it has nothing to hide from and will withstand independent shit kicking. If all one does is go around "it is true because I say so" or "Shut up because I don't like being offended", they are idiots and intellectual cowards.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user