What is a pseudoscience?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 12:15 AM
What is a pseudoscience?
A pseudoscience is a theory for which there is no proof, which leaves Richard Dawkins and the theologians sparring with one another over nothing, about nothing, and never mind the bollocks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: What is a pseudoscience?
mmm.... no.

pseudoscience is fake science. it's stuff that's dressed up like science, maybe uses the words of science, but is ultimately meaningless.

example: pretty much anything that promises to rid your body of "toxins." I'm thinking of those ridiculous foot pads that turn brown when you've been "cleansed."

Richard Dawkins doesn't deal in pseudoscience....as far as I know.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
10-06-2016, 12:37 AM
(10-06-2016 12:23 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  mmm.... no.

pseudoscience is fake science. it's stuff that's dressed up like science, maybe uses the words of science, but is ultimately meaningless.

example: pretty much anything that promises to rid your body of "toxins." I'm thinking of those ridiculous foot pads that turn brown when you've been "cleansed."

Richard Dawkins doesn't deal in pseudoscience....as far as I know.

Richard Dawkins makes the hypothesis as required by the scientific method, if I may use poetic license, that God does not exist, the problem is that he attempts to prove himself right in his God delusion.
10-06-2016, 12:59 AM
...have you *read* The God Delusion?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
10-06-2016, 01:06 AM
(10-06-2016 12:59 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  ...have you *read* The God Delusion?

It was a must-read, unfortunately, I especially dislike how Dawkins dissolves in a cloud of smoke in the end.
10-06-2016, 02:18 AM
(10-06-2016 12:15 AM)carusmm Wrote:  A pseudoscience is a theory for which there is no proof [...]

How is it possible that you get so many things so wrong so often?

Homeopathy and kinesiology and water dowsing are pseudosciences. "True" scientific theories are always supported by empirical evidence.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-06-2016, 02:44 AM
(10-06-2016 02:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 12:15 AM)carusmm Wrote:  A pseudoscience is a theory for which there is no proof [...]

How is it possible that you get so many things so wrong so often?

Homeopathy and kinesiology and water dowsing are pseudosciences. "True" scientific theories are always supported by empirical evidence.

What proof is there for homeopathy? What proof is there for anything that Richard Dawkins wrote in his God delusion?
10-06-2016, 02:50 AM
(10-06-2016 02:44 AM)carusmm Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 02:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:  How is it possible that you get so many things so wrong so often?

What proof is there for homeopathy? What proof is there for anything that Richard Dawkins wrote in his God delusion?

What has that to do with the issue?

You don't appear to understand what pseudoscience is and try to deflect with an irrelevant reference.

You are not very good at this. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-06-2016, 03:26 AM
(10-06-2016 02:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 02:44 AM)carusmm Wrote:  What proof is there for homeopathy? What proof is there for anything that Richard Dawkins wrote in his God delusion?

What has that to do with the issue?

You don't appear to understand what pseudoscience is and try to deflect with an irrelevant reference.

You are not very good at this. Drinking Beverage

I will appeal to authority which is not logical but it is all that I have. My definition of pseudoscience comes indirectly from Bill Nye, therefore if you must blame anyone for my bad behaviour here, then I'd blame him.
10-06-2016, 03:30 AM
Scepticism is healthy, whereas cynicism is the living end if I may use poetic license.