Poll: Can nontheistic faiths be a religion?
Yes, there are nontheistic religions.
No, only supernaturalfaiths are religions.
Uncertain. Need more information.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
What is a religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2015, 04:50 AM
RE: What is a religion?
(24-07-2015 03:40 AM)thinkerman Wrote:  ...
On page 46 of David Barton's book

... because he just oozes credibility, doesn't he...

"Citing a loss of confidence in the book's details, Christian publisher Thomas Nelson is ending the publication and distribution of the bestseller, The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson. The controversial book was written by Texas evangelical David Barton, who NPR's Barbara Bradley Hagerty profiled on All Things Considered Wednesday. The publishing company says it's ceasing publication because it found that "basic truths just were not there."

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-07-2015, 06:18 AM
What is a religion?
David Barton is as credible of an American historian as Donald Trump is an expert on Mexican culture.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
24-07-2015, 09:36 AM
(24-07-2015 03:40 AM)thinkerman Wrote:  ... David Barton's extensive research ...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Thanks, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-07-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 03:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-07-2015 03:40 AM)thinkerman Wrote:  I completely disagree with RocketSurgeon76 about Dr Bergman: I believe Dr Bergman's self testimony and analysis of his denial of tenure is reliable. He was not a Ph.D. candidate (my mistake), he had his doctor's degree already ...

From a now defunct unaccredited diploma mill shut down by the state of California.

(24-07-2015 03:40 AM)thinkerman Wrote:  I don't expect to persuade Rocket Surgeon76, but perhaps other atheists will process this information with an open mind towards actual historic truth.Ohmy

You funny man.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post