What is a religious experience?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 06:38 AM
RE: What is a religious experience?
http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/2014-6-...cience-awe

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: What is a religious experience?
(27-07-2016 09:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 05:49 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I thought I had a religious experience when I was 10 years old and I got sick at school, my teacher sent me home early and I walked since it was close but it was cold out and once I got there no one was home. I just sat on the porch freezing waiting for one of my parents to show up. I prayed about it and suddenly my dad pulls up in the driveway, he had come home early from work. He said he was at work, it was a slow day, he asked if it was cool to leave, his co-workers didn't' care and he said it must've been angels guiding him home to let me in.
And if you believed that. If you thought god came to your rescue, saved you from perhaps hypothermia, then you may feel that it would be a personal betrayal for you to turn your back on god, to decide not to believe in him. So you don't, you stay in belief, thankful that god has been looking out for you.

LOL.

It was easy enough to believe as a kid but now looking back on it I can't believe anyone could believe that God is sending angels to help them find their keys or get to work on time when so much misery is also going on, it's just immoral and also it takes away the free will argument, either God cares and helps us out or ignores us all the time, it can't be both.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply