What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2012, 12:25 PM
What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?
ECs and TEs believe exactly the same as evolutionists in regards to science. The only difference is that ECs and TEs believe that God facilitated evolution (TEs) or God created evolution and remains active in it (ECs).

How do atheists argue this?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2012, 12:26 PM
RE: What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?
They're stupid and delusional ftw!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-07-2012, 12:28 PM
(17-07-2012 12:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  They're stupid and delusional ftw!

What are you going to do for you 6000th post?

Party, I hope.

17-07-2012, 12:30 PM
I may use it to make my very first non-sarcastic post. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-07-2012, 12:31 PM
(17-07-2012 12:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I may use it to make my very first non-sarcastic post. Thumbsup

Liar.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-07-2012, 12:39 PM
What argument would you make, to answer your own question?
Seems to me, there's no argument about Evolution between an atheist and a TE. They both will probably agree on everything except abiogenesis. And then it becomes an argument about the non-existence of a Prime Mover. An atheist doesn't find one necessary. A TE finds one absolutely necessary. Until more advanced scientific understanding can occur, it becomes a philosophical argument as we wait for more details to be revealed.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-07-2012, 12:42 PM
The difference is that atheist haven't seen any evidence of any deity so we have no real reasons to think that there is one.
Aside from that....nothing is really different.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
17-07-2012, 12:47 PM
The question always comes back to how do you tell?

Sure, little green fairies could be guiding evolution.

So could Goofy. Or Donald Duck.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Occam's Razor

Atoms seem to hold themselves together just fine without supernature or supernatural processes, as does every other natural phenomenon we have encountered. Why would evolution be any different other than a desire for it to be so? If you want to make the 1st mover argument for life, then you would have to make it for the first crystal that formed on our planet too, and the first of anything. We know how crystals form too and we can replicate the formation of new minerals easily (just heat up salt-water or sugar-water and see the crystals form) and we can see that in order for them to form, they need only the natural materials around them. Life should be the same unless there is something so vastly unnatural about life so as to warrant a supernatural process being involved.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
17-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm still wondering what this question is about? What are we arguing with them about? It's been stated already that first mover doesn't mean evolution it means abiogenesis. I know a lot of people who might pad the evidence but state the real facts. If I'm arguing with them over evolution I don't see where the argument would come unless we both had an issue with something specific. Arguing with them about religion doesn't even require the mentioning of evolution.

I'm not into dichotomies and will not make the suggestion that there is an either or thing here so I'm not going to act like evolution is a hugely important thing to do with their religion. Maybe they are in one of those camps because evolution made them question, but that doesn't mean that thy really hold that much value in it. You can come to a crossroads, think real hard, and then make a decision, nd then not really think about that decision ever again. Everybody does that which is why so many biases go unchecked for so long.

I guess if they were telling me god had to be part of evolution then I would have an argument but it would be really short. What proof is there that god was required? Not really a big mind blowing thought there, then they counter or don't and we move on.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.