What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?
(17-07-2012 12:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ECs and TEs believe exactly the same as evolutionists in regards to science. The only difference is that ECs and TEs believe that God facilitated evolution (TEs) or God created evolution and remains active in it (ECs).

How do atheists argue this?
Then they don't believe exactly the same, do they?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Either this scroll wheel is mechanical, or it is mechanical and facilitated by gremlins (gf), or it is mechanical and enabled by gremlins (ge). I'll go with mechanical. I mean, they could screw every time I take this mouse apart, but then...

Shocking

Oh no!

Ohmy

They're in me!

Bechased

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Silly. I don't bother arguing that. It could very well be.

What I would argue is the existence and likelihood of the bible god, and his rules for life. To argue that at the beginning of everything (if there is indeed such a thing, to which I say... nah) there might have been a god of some variety that set shit up for life to exist for unknown reasons... why? Anything is possible. Let's deal with what's likely and then go from there. We can ascertain whether or not it is a good idea to get our life lessons from an ancient book filled with moral... mistakes, and then when we agree it might not be such a good idea, we can quibble about whether or not a super being made some shit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
17-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote: We see no evidence that it’s supervised, and there could be evidence that it is supervised. That evidence could include teleological forces behind evolution, pure directionality instead of responses to environmental contingencies, and a mutational process that is biased toward adaptive mutations. But we have no such evidence.
~from
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/...evolution/

17-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I just wanted to point out that there are Christians who believe exactly the way all of you do.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
17-07-2012, 09:02 PM
(17-07-2012 08:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I just wanted to point out that there are Christians who believe exactly the way all of you do.
If they believe that God has anything to do with Evolution, then they hardly believe the same way we do.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-07-2012, 09:14 PM
(17-07-2012 09:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 08:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I just wanted to point out that there are Christians who believe exactly the way all of you do.
If they believe that God has anything to do with Evolution, then they hardly believe the same way we do.
Evolution is evolution, right?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-07-2012, 09:55 PM
(17-07-2012 09:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 09:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If they believe that God has anything to do with Evolution, then they hardly believe the same way we do.
Evolution is evolution, right?
No, evolution guided by God or put in place by God is not evolution as science understands it, describes it, or explains it.

The Theory of Evolution has a deep explanatory power that needs no sky-hooks from the gods, just cranes that do the heavy lifting. Introducing God, gods, gremlins isn't required and detracts from the elegance and power of the theory.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Going beyond the idea of them potentially being equal thoughts about evolution on front.. they really are not when you get to the idea of the design of life being actually intelligent ... it's not.

The amount of flawed designs don't match up yet make sense in a natural selection. Examples being:

The Human Eye blind spot.. while a Squid eye is more effective.
Vestigial organs in humans and Vestigial leg bones in the whale.
The laryngeal nerve inside of mammals and specifically notable in the Giraffe neck.
..Then the male genitals, come on... Plus the bodies issues with not developed in reproductive areas to fit upright standing bodies. Which is a cause of why the birthing process is excruciating for woman. If there was no fall, I'm not sure why that would need to exist.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-07-2012, 03:31 AM

When a mofo goes - I just - they're backpedaling. Now backpedal the fuck on outta here. Big Grin