What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 07:08 AM
RE: What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?
(18-07-2012 03:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 08:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I just wanted to point out that there are Christians who believe exactly the way all of you do.

When a mofo goes - I just - they're backpedaling. Now backpedal the fuck on outta here. Big Grin

You just don't like the fact that we're alike.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2012, 08:07 AM
(18-07-2012 07:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 03:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When a mofo goes - I just - they're backpedaling. Now backpedal the fuck on outta here. Big Grin

You just don't like the fact that we're alike.
But we're not. You live a delusion-based reality, we live an evidence-based reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2012, 08:35 AM
(18-07-2012 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 07:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You just don't like the fact that we're alike.
But we're not. You live a delusion-based reality, we live an evidence-based reality.

Yeah!

Well... except for that dang Gwynnies... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Skepticism, KC! If there's no compelling reason to believe that something is true, then there's no reason to claim that it's true. You could say that EC or TE are hypotheses, although I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a way to test them. As untested hypotheses (at best), a skeptic would say that they're useless ideas.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
19-07-2012, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 07:55 AM by Atothetheist.)
Well, you can't rebute their point yet, beause science hasn't gone that far in solving the mystery of the creation of the universe and the origin of life...

Three scenerios here:

Scientists find a naturalistic explianation for both of them: Use Okham's Razor.

Scientists still haven't found enough evidence for both propositions: Ask them wether or not God had a helping hand in evolution, if yes, Okham's Razor, if no, you can't make a rebutal to an assumption which has yet to be proven.

For the orgin of the universe, earth: This is a slight God of the Gaps, but Okham's Razor works nicely here too. We know how the universe formed, and this didn't need divine intervention, so God is not needed in Forming the universe from the big bang to present, but before the big bang, that's where the God pf the Gaps is.

Scientists have found evidence for God: we all become believers.

I put the third one in there because I didn't want to leave it out.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-07-2012, 09:32 AM
(19-07-2012 07:52 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Scientists have found evidence for God: we all become believers.

Part of why I'm a level 7 atheist - the only evidence for god is god. I like to think there is no way I can convince you that Gwyneth Paltrow created the universe, but you never know... should such an option be considered? Or is absurdity its own reward?

19-07-2012, 03:28 PM
(19-07-2012 09:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 07:52 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Scientists have found evidence for God: we all become believers.

Part of why I'm a level 7 atheist - the only evidence for god is god. I like to think there is no way I can convince you that Gwyneth Paltrow created the universe, but you never know... should such an option be considered? Or is absurdity its own reward?
Perhaps I should have clarified. By evidence, I Mean FUCKING STRONG, INCONTROVERTABLE EVIDENCE.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-07-2012, 03:57 PM
(19-07-2012 03:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Perhaps I should have clarified. By evidence, I Mean FUCKING STRONG, INCONTROVERTABLE EVIDENCE.
Yeah, the kind of evidence like what we've got for evolution Big Grin Or the age of the Earth Yes
19-07-2012, 04:46 PM
(19-07-2012 03:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 09:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Part of why I'm a level 7 atheist - the only evidence for god is god. I like to think there is no way I can convince you that Gwyneth Paltrow created the universe, but you never know... should such an option be considered? Or is absurdity its own reward?
Perhaps I should have clarified. By evidence, I Mean FUCKING STRONG, INCONTROVERTABLE EVIDENCE.
Perhaps I should have clarified. By evidence, I mean FUCKING AIN'T HAPPENING EVERS. Big Grin

19-07-2012, 05:10 PM
There is no argument, just experiments used to demonstrate that it is possible with out a god.

What is possible with out a god throws out the need for him.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post