What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 04:57 AM
RE: What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?
Even if there was a god, why would anyone follow him/her/it?
This all powerful being that plays fuckabout with peoples lives?
Never mind the “Pisstaking of Job” or the “will he/won’t he’ with Abraham & Sons’ big day out the stark fact is we’re a lot better off without any god just as they would have been.
Trying to justify the existence of this megalomaniac is just baffling, “Oh yes well the evolution thing, well you see god started it…” It’s a bit weak isn’t it?
It’s just as bad as the “It’s not to be taken literally” argument. No shit, with a grain of salt is how it should be taken.
Why do people cling to this? “God does a lot of good in the world” Yea? You reckon do you?
In 2010 7,600,000 children under the age of five died.
“Oh yes that’s sad but he works in mysterious ways.”
Sherlock Holmes works in mysterious ways, god is just a cunt.
If god started with just a handful of cells he would have stood on most of them after he got bored with the magnifying glass.
If there is a god we’re toast, we can beat polio but god’ll just kill or cripple us in new ways for his amusement so why bother trying?
Or should we not even start because it’s in “his plan”?
It’s just so defeatist, “don’t because god”
Religion has held back humanity long enough, trying to tie it into science so it can get a free ride into our future is wrong.
I used to wonder if science and religion could coexist, I doubt it could, and the more I think about it the less I would want it to.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
24-07-2012, 10:47 PM
RE: What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE?
Unless God was playing trial and error or something like that (which would be stupid since he is all knowing) then no, God did not direct Evolution.
Evolution doesnt fit with the Bible period. They can't claim that God directed it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply