What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Tongue What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
I got an urge to start this thread...so I'm doing it!

Just a place to list your pet peevs ... and make fun of other people's pet peevs and such.

So I'll start by listing a few of my pet peevs (which I'm betting most of you do these things).
1. People pronouncing the word "coupon" (sounds like: koopawn) as queuepawn. I know it's a dialect thing, but it's always rubbed me the wrong way.
2. People using the handicap "open door" button when they are not handicapped.
3. People walking around others on the escalator.
4. Drivers who "weave" or "leapfrog" continuously (who seem to have a need to be constantly passing others...even if it means going 80 in a 60).

I hope to read funny pet peevs from you all!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
Right now...People who make pet peeve threads. Tongue

On a serious note, I probably have too many of those.

My biggest tho...right now...when I buy special cookies that I love, I hide them and someone finds my little stash and eats them all leaving me with one half of a broken cookie.

Those bastards.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2014, 02:07 PM
(08-09-2014 02:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Right now...People who make pet peeve threads. Tongue
Weeping

Quote:My biggest tho...right now...when I buy special cookies that I love, I hide them and someone finds my little stash and eats them all leaving me with one half of a broken cookie.

Those bastards.
Nice way to talk about your sons/husband Dodgy Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
08-09-2014, 02:20 PM
When people twist my words to make me look bad Undecided

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-09-2014, 02:23 PM
(08-09-2014 01:58 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  2. People using the handicap "open door" button when they are not handicapped.
4. Drivers who "weave" or "leapfrog" continuously (who seem to have a need to be constantly passing others...even if it means going 80 in a 60).

#2: I don't understand this at all; it's just an alternate way to open the door... do you also object to people walking up a ramp instead of taking the stairs when they are adjacent? (I realize that pet peeves aren't always logical so you're more than welcome to peeve away whether I understand it or not, I'm just curious)

#3: in the UK, and other places I'm sure, it is normal to stand on the right side of the escalator steps if you want to just ride and to walk up or down on the left side if you don't want to wait. I wish the US would adopt that. You may be seeing people who are accustomed to that convention and who are equally peeved at us dumb Americans who don't get out of the way.

#4: I was taught that you should be driving in the right-hand lane (US, left-hand for UK, etc) except to pass. If you drive in some areas in the US (notably Maine) people actually do this and it makes driving SO much less aggravating. I do agree though that weavers can be annoying and often dangerous.

For me:
- pronouncing the word is-la-MIST instead of is-LAM-ist; it always sounds like some funky weather condition instead of a religious/political stance
- using apostrophe's where they don't belong (like that!)
- using quotes to indicate emphasis instead of irony
- idiots at the gym who have no clue how to use the equipment despite seeing others using it correctly and/or who don't even make a token effort of wiping off the sweat or unloading the weights afterwards
- people who feel that they have to get their front bumper as close as possible to your rear bumper when stopped at a light; if you can't see my entire rear bumper then BACK OFF!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-09-2014, 02:27 PM
(08-09-2014 02:07 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 02:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Right now...People who make pet peeve threads. Tongue
Weeping

Quote:My biggest tho...right now...when I buy special cookies that I love, I hide them and someone finds my little stash and eats them all leaving me with one half of a broken cookie.

Those bastards.
Nice way to talk about your sons/husband Dodgy Laugh out load

Heart

They blame the dog. But I know he doesn't have thumbs.

Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2014, 02:28 PM
(08-09-2014 02:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 01:58 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  2. People using the handicap "open door" button when they are not handicapped.

#2: I don't understand this at all; it's just an alternate way to open the door... do you also object to people walking up a ramp instead of taking the stairs when they are adjacent? (I realize that pet peeves aren't always logical so you're more than welcome to peeve away whether I understand it or not, I'm just curious)
it's laziness, not its intended use, and a waste of electricity.

Quote:#3: in the UK, and other places I'm sure, it is normal to stand on the right side of the escalator steps if you want to just ride and to walk up or down on the left side if you don't want to wait. I wish the US would adopt that. You may be seeing people who are accustomed to that convention and who are equally peeved at us dumb Americans who don't get out of the way.
That's normally how it is. One side is standing. This pet peev of mine isn't logical, it just bugs me when people can't chill out and wait 5-10 seconds for something to finish.

Quote:For me:
- pronouncing the word is-la-MIST instead of is-LAM-ist; it always sounds like some funky weather condition instead of a religious/political stance
- using apostrophe's where they don't belong (like that!)
- using quotes to indicate emphasis instead of irony
- idiots at the gym who have no clue how to use the equipment despite seeing others using it correctly and/or who don't even make a token effort of wiping off the sweat or unloading the weights afterwards
- people who feel that they have to get their front bumper as close as possible to your rear bumper when stopped at a light; if you can't see my entire rear bumper then BACK OFF!
Nice list Thumbsup

08-09-2014, 02:34 PM
(08-09-2014 02:28 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  and a waste of electricity
I'll buy that!
Smile

Quote:it just bugs me when people can't chill out and wait 5-10 seconds for something to finish
Hey, I've got places to be, things to see, people to do, etc. I can't be waiting around an extra 10 seconds to get down the stairs!
Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Nearly all the things everyone has listed here, I do them.
Sorry. Blush

When the driver of the first car in line at a red-light doesn't pay attention and just sits there when it turns green. Angry
08-09-2014, 03:21 PM
(08-09-2014 02:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...when I buy special cookies that I love, I hide them and someone finds my little stash and eats them all leaving me with one half of a broken cookie.

(08-09-2014 03:09 PM)pablo Wrote:  Nearly all the things everyone has listed here, I do them.
Sorry. Blush

Hmm....could this be your culprit Moms? Consider

[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post