"That's the beauty of it."

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
I have 2 pet peeves regarding restaurant tips:

1) Tips that are pre-entered for you on the bill. Dodgy

2) The fact that tips are supposed to be based on a percentage. Does a server really provide better service to me for a meal that costs $20 as opposed to $12.50? It's the same meal, the same service, and my tip should be the same regardless of price. (I'm all for for giving generous tips though as long as the service isn't terrible.)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
27-09-2014, 02:14 PM
(27-09-2014 02:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I have 2 pet peeves regarding restaurant tips:

2) The fact that tips are supposed to be based on a percentage. Does a server really provide better service to me for a meal that costs $20 as opposed to $12.50? It's the same meal, the same service, and my tip should be the same regardless of price. (I'm all for for giving generous tips though as long as the service isn't terrible.)

Well, the higher the meal price, that should indicate that perhaps you're getting a bit higher quality of service. Not always though.

Be true to yourself. Heart
27-09-2014, 02:17 PM
(27-09-2014 02:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I have 2 pet peeves regarding restaurant tips:

One would assume that a higher total means more people on the bill. More people = more work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-09-2014, 02:22 PM
There is a new restaurant in town - I love the food. You order at the counter and then pick up your food at the window by the kitchen.

So, why is there a big tip bucket at the cash register? Dodgy

If someone is going to deliver my food to the table after taking my order I will gladly tip. But this place is pretty much self-service.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-09-2014, 02:32 PM
(27-09-2014 02:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There is a new restaurant in town - I love the food. You order at the counter and then pick up your food at the window by the kitchen.

So, why is there a big tip bucket at the cash register? Dodgy

If someone is going to deliver my food to the table after taking my order I will gladly tip. But this place is pretty much self-service.

agree. tip yourself. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
27-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Evoking God on any of my photos Angry

Such beautiful fish and underwater pictures. How can anyone say they came from a bang???
Yesterday at 4:15pm · Like

I don't know, but some day we will know just how God did it all.
Yesterday at 4:34pm · Like

So right
Yesterday at 4:50pm · Like

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
27-09-2014, 04:30 PM
(25-09-2014 10:36 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 03:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  People who don't use the spaces provided by the default forum formatting when quoting people.

The forum itself gives you a space between the quote line and where you could be writing, damnit! Having no separation between quote and your own writing just looks bad...

Interesting. I find the extra line break to not be the best formatting option when logically grouping related text. Wink

It looks bad, damnit!
Makes posts look cluttered. Angry

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-09-2014, 05:14 PM
(27-09-2014 02:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  One would assume that a higher total means more people on the bill. More people = more work.
Good point, but then I would tip more based upon that. However, not everyone would so good point.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
27-09-2014, 05:22 PM
(27-09-2014 02:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Well, the higher the meal price, that should indicate that perhaps you're getting a bit higher quality of service. Not always though.
No, this is exactly what I was talking about. If a family of 4 has a total bill of $60 and the family of 4 at the next table has a total bill of $90 and they have the same server providing equal service, in my mind the tip should be the same. But, based on percentage, it won't be.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post