What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
(27-09-2014 05:22 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 02:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Well, the higher the meal price, that should indicate that perhaps you're getting a bit higher quality of service. Not always though.
No, this is exactly what I was talking about. If a family of 4 has a total bill of $60 and the family of 4 at the next table has a total bill of $90 and they have the same server providing equal service, in my mind the tip should be the same. But, based on percentage, it won't be.

The extra $30 in this case are most likely added starters or desserts meaning extra work for the server. I personally hate the idea of tipping since it is basically passing the cost of paying employees on to the customer but not tipping takes it out on the wrong party.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-09-2014, 05:48 PM
(27-09-2014 02:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I have 2 pet peeves regarding restaurant tips:

Third Rock From The Sun came up with the answer for tipping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZZWhSvOMI

Laugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Pet peeve: How tipping works in America (or places that work in similar ways). There is little right about it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-09-2014, 03:03 AM
(28-09-2014 01:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Pet peeve: How tipping works in America (or places that work in similar ways). There is little right about it.

I thought it worked the same everywhere, you just push the cow..... Oh your talking about money, nevermind Unsure

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
29-09-2014, 09:45 AM
(27-09-2014 05:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 05:22 PM)Impulse Wrote:  No, this is exactly what I was talking about. If a family of 4 has a total bill of $60 and the family of 4 at the next table has a total bill of $90 and they have the same server providing equal service, in my mind the tip should be the same. But, based on percentage, it won't be.

The extra $30 in this case are most likely added starters or desserts meaning extra work for the server. I personally hate the idea of tipping since it is basically passing the cost of paying employees on to the customer but not tipping takes it out on the wrong party.
That's possible, but it's also possible that the meals just cost more which would mean the same number of dishes.

Employers do use tips as an excuse not to pay their employees and I agree that's wrong. However, tips are supposed to be for exceptional service and so decent pay shouldn't replace tips either. Employees should be paid well regardless and also be able to get tips if they provide exceptional service. Tips should not be viewed as an entitlement and it should not be frowned upon if a customer doesn't tip. They're a way for a customer to give an extra thanks if they so desire and can be a motivator for servers to be extra polite and attentive. At least that's how I see it.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
29-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Mondays are currently my pet peeve. Would be great if they'd go away.
Angry

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
29-09-2014, 10:46 AM
(29-09-2014 09:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 05:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The extra $30 in this case are most likely added starters or desserts meaning extra work for the server. I personally hate the idea of tipping since it is basically passing the cost of paying employees on to the customer but not tipping takes it out on the wrong party.
That's possible, but it's also possible that the meals just cost more which would mean the same number of dishes.

Employers do use tips as an excuse not to pay their employees and I agree that's wrong. However, tips are supposed to be for exceptional service and so decent pay shouldn't replace tips either. Employees should be paid well regardless and also be able to get tips if they provide exceptional service. Tips should not be viewed as an entitlement and it should not be frowned upon if a customer doesn't tip. They're a way for a customer to give an extra thanks if they so desire and can be a motivator for servers to be extra polite and attentive. At least that's how I see it.
*resists urge to go on a rant about tipping*

Phew, breathe in, breathe out.

Nice. Mission accomplished.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
29-09-2014, 11:13 AM
(29-09-2014 10:46 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  *resists urge to go on a rant about tipping*

Phew, breathe in, breathe out.

Nice. Mission accomplished.

Feel free. Tongue
Ranting Corner

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
29-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Crunching and chewing and sipping in TV adds. I do not want to hear fucking body noises in adds. It does not make me want to buy the product, it makes me want to throw a fucking brick at the TV. You don't sell toilet paper with sound effects.

And filler words in conversations like you know, when like people fucking like you know keep repeating um like you know, the same like FUCKING WORDS.

(END RANT)

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2014, 04:48 PM
People who have never done my job and never will, yet instruct me on how to do it...better.

:/

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post