What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
When I diligently research something, pass the information on to he next person, and they just glance at it and tell me I'm wrong without doing further research.

Then I have to go through painstaking efforts to lead them by the hand through everything I just researched to prove that I am - in fact - correct Dodgy

Not everything is as it seems on the surface dumbass, sometimes you have to actually think Angry not to mention, if you've got the gall to look me in the face, and smugly tell me how wrong I am, you fucking better be able to prove it!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
03-10-2014, 04:33 PM
People who use the word organic to mean anything other than a thing which contains carbon.

Looking at you, 'organic food' hawkers.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
03-10-2014, 09:48 PM
(03-10-2014 04:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  When I diligently research something, pass the information on to he next person, and they just glance at it and tell me I'm wrong without doing further research.

Then I have to go through painstaking efforts to lead them by the hand through everything I just researched to prove that I am - in fact - correct Dodgy

Not everything is as it seems on the surface dumbass, sometimes you have to actually think Angry not to mention, if you've got the gall to look me in the face, and smugly tell me how wrong I am, you fucking better be able to prove it!!
Who did that to you? That's one reason I never (or rarely) look things up for others.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Grammar Nazis, racists, republicans, theists, people that complain about smoking, vegans, everything, nothing, you, me and Bob Saget too.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
03-10-2014, 10:06 PM
(03-10-2014 09:48 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 04:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  When I diligently research something, pass the information on to he next person, and they just glance at it and tell me I'm wrong without doing further research.

Who did that to you? That's one reason I never (or rarely) look things up for others.

This is a general scenario that happens all the time, and in many different situations. Not necessarily looking things up for others just... Ok I'll give one example.

My husband wanted to go to dinner at a specific restaurant. I'm a super picky eater, so I looked at the menu. I told him sorry, there's literally not one thing I can order there that I'd want to eat (sad, but it happens all too often Undecided ). He then proceeded to look at the menu and said.. "Look there's this dish, you like this" I have to then show him that he's looking at the lunch menu, not the dinner menu.

This wasn't what set me off and caused my rant. (Trust me, I'm not that bonkers Laugh out load my husband was trying to be helpful, and it was only mildly annoying). It was more related to something at work, and was a lot more complicated than the simple example I gave of the exchange between me and my husband. This just occurs through regular communication and working with others, you know? Just noticed this happens a lot, and it gets old having to correct people who are trying to correct me.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
03-10-2014, 10:21 PM
(03-10-2014 10:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 09:48 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Who did that to you? That's one reason I never (or rarely) look things up for others.

This is a general scenario that happens all the time, and in many different situations. Not necessarily looking things up for others just... Ok I'll give one example.

My husband wanted to go to dinner at a specific restaurant. I'm a super picky eater, so I looked at the menu. I told him sorry, there's literally not one thing I can order there that I'd want to eat (sad, but it happens all too often Undecided ). He then proceeded to look at the menu and said.. "Look there's this dish, you like this" I have to then show him that he's looking at the lunch menu, not the dinner menu.

This wasn't what set me off and caused my rant. (Trust me, I'm not that bonkers Laugh out load my husband was trying to be helpful, and it was only mildly annoying). It was more related to something at work, and was a lot more complicated than the simple example I gave of the exchange between me and my husband. This just occurs through regular communication and working with others, you know? Just noticed this happens a lot, and it gets old having to correct people who are trying to correct me.
Hmm, well all I can say is don't stress! At least in the end you are the one who is right Thumbsup.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
04-10-2014, 07:35 AM
(03-10-2014 09:55 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Grammar Nazis, racists, republicans, theists, people that complain about smoking, vegans, everything, nothing, you, me and Bob Saget too.

'people who'

And another comma after the 'me'.

Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2014, 02:13 PM
(04-10-2014 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 09:55 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Grammar Nazis, racists, republicans, theists, people that complain about smoking, vegans, everything, nothing, you, me and Bob Saget too.

'people who'

And another comma after the 'me'.

Big Grin

Unless it's him and Bob Saget hanging out that bothers him so much, right? Maybe that's what he meant Consider Tongue

Of course then it would have been "... You, and me and Bob Saget too"

Ok you win Shy

04-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Befriending people who turn around and hurt me. And yet, I still feel bad ...for them. Angry
I wish I could change this about myself. Sad

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-10-2014, 02:40 PM
(04-10-2014 02:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Befriending people who turn around and hurt me. And yet, I still feel bad ...for them. Angry
I wish I could change this about myself. Sad

Well, you might feel less pain, but you would also feel less.

It makes you lovable, but vulnerable. You might want to find more balance.

I, too, feel bad for people in pain, but I'm not responsible for causing it or for alleviating it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post