What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
(08-09-2014 03:21 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 02:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...when I buy special cookies that I love, I hide them and someone finds my little stash and eats them all leaving me with one half of a broken cookie.

(08-09-2014 03:09 PM)pablo Wrote:  Nearly all the things everyone has listed here, I do them.
Sorry. Blush

Hmm....could this be your culprit Moms? Consider

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a cookie thief. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
08-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Hmm, apparently Peev is spelled with an "e" at the end. Learned something new.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Drivers who stop way short of the car in front of them and block anyone who might be trying to jump into the turn lane they are blocking.

Those who don't use turn signals. It's easy as fuck and helps everyone get down the road without an accident.

Jerks who give my kids dirty looks when they use the handicap auto door openers for fun. They're kids, get over it. Dodgy Tongue

Buyers who want to negotiate a real estate transaction and take fucking forever to decide if they are going to take it, counter or walk, it's a math problem, shit or get off the pot.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh, I've got plenty of pet peeves.

- People who just throw the word literally into sentences where it is not necessary: Yes, thank you for telling me you literally drove your car two houses down to park it, I would have never guessed that you were not speaking hypothetically or figuratively without it!
- People who use the words actual and actually incorrectly; no, you did not 'actual' break your arm, you twat!
- People who say legit; it's not that hard to say legitimate, damn it!
- People who say 'totes'.
- People who play team-oriented video games and don't stick with the fucking team!
- Developers who make the leaves on trees and bushes not actual leaves but just a solid texture that revolves with the camera to make it look like there are leaves. Same problem happens all too often with smoke! I know it saves the developers some resources and probably cuts down in-game lag, but fuck you and your ugly, shitty revolving texture bullshit!
(Yes, Ferdi, I do know that this is the third time I have mentioned that problem.)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Now that I work in a building where I have to take the elevator - a lot - people who start rushing into the elevator before the people on it can get out. The fuck's the hurry, sheesh. It's not like the damn thing is going to disappear suddenly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2014, 06:17 PM
1. People who don't listen (or worse, are talking) when someone else is giving important information, and then ask for a repeat of the info. (Can you tell I teach?)

2. People who have no respect for other people's time.

3. When stuff is not put back where it belongs.

4. When my sweaters get all pill-y because of my ID badge.

5. When my bangs escape my bobby pins and frolic all over my forehead.

6. Pronouncing my state "Missour-AH." It's DEFINITELY an "ee" sound on the end. Definitely.

7. It's crayon, not cran....forehead, not fard....orange, not arnge....wash, not warsh.

8. AIN'T.

9. When I slow down to let you merge, but you slow down further....or I let you cut in front of me, but you don't give me "the wave." BAH!
[+] 8 users Like FritzyBits's post
08-09-2014, 06:18 PM
(08-09-2014 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Now that I work in a building where I have to take the elevator - a lot - people who start rushing into the elevator before the people on it can get out. The fuck's the hurry, sheesh. It's not like the damn thing is going to disappear suddenly.

Oooh...and when people do that on a bus, too. SO irritating.
08-09-2014, 06:27 PM
(08-09-2014 06:17 PM)FritzyBits Wrote:  1. People who don't listen (or worse, are talking) when someone else is giving important information, and then ask for a repeat of the info. (Can you tell I teach?)

2. People who have no respect for other people's time.

3. When stuff is not put back where it belongs.

4. When my sweaters get all pill-y because of my ID badge.

5. When my bangs escape my bobby pins and frolic all over my forehead.

6. Pronouncing my state "Missour-AH." It's DEFINITELY an "ee" sound on the end. Definitely.

7. It's crayon, not cran....forehead, not fard....orange, not arnge....wash, not warsh.

8. AIN'T.

9. When I slow down to let you merge, but you slow down further....or I let you cut in front of me, but you don't give me "the wave." BAH!

1 - Similar - we have a weekly meeting of the supervisors, managers, and the owner - it is at noon on Thursday - always...make a note of it - no freaking phone calls. AAARRRGGHHHH!!!! No one is that important that they can't set aside one hour a week to meet with the owner - ya know - the dude that signs our checks.

2 - Oh, the time issue. Am I the only person that thinks it's important to show up to work on time or to a hair or nail appointment on time?

3 - Do not, I repeat, do not pronounce the 's' in Des Moines - either of them - or at the end of Illinois.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Quote:Do not, I repeat, do not pronounce the 's' in Des Moines - either of them - or at the end of Illinois.

I live in Illinois and I hear people do this all the time. Facepalm
08-09-2014, 06:57 PM
(08-09-2014 06:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  
Quote:Do not, I repeat, do not pronounce the 's' in Des Moines - either of them - or at the end of Illinois.

I live in Illinois and I hear people do this all the time. Facepalm

Illinoise - makes my skin crawl.