What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
(08-09-2014 07:30 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 07:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I get that way too often.

Hug

Hug thanks Smile and it's ok, helps me figure out who my real friends are!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-09-2014, 09:30 PM
(08-09-2014 06:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  3 - Do not, I repeat, do not pronounce the 's' in Des Moines - either of them - or at the end of Illinois.

That's a whole 'nuther thing. Just axe me about it. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-09-2014, 11:18 PM
People who push the button at cross-walks multiple times.
C'mon jackass, spamming the button is not going to make the walk signal turn on any faster!

And parents who let their kids do it. Yo: tell your kid that's not going to help, educate the bastards!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
09-09-2014, 08:23 AM
(08-09-2014 11:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  People who push the button at cross-walks multiple times.
C'mon jackass, spamming the button is not going to make the walk signal turn on any faster!

And parents who let their kids do it. Yo: tell your kid that's not going to help, educate the bastards!

I confess if I get into an elevator, and am not thinking, and the light is already pushed for a floor I am going to, I might push it again. When I was first at Harvard one summer, I did it, and a grumpy (but turns out very famous older) professor said to me "You think that's gonna make it get there any faster" ... which I was not expecting, and it stung as I felt stupid, but even back that young had my sass developed enough to come back with "Oh, ..... did we forget our crabby pill today" to him. He was SHOCKED that some kid would actually talk back to him. Since then if I see him, he smiles. He must have asked about me. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-09-2014, 08:38 AM
My biggest pet peeve is when people make grammar and/or spelling errors. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-09-2014, 11:09 AM
(09-09-2014 08:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  My biggest pet peeve is when people make grammar and/or spelling errors. Sleepy

Title of this thread must be getting under your skin then.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-09-2014, 02:14 PM
People who text during a movie. Just give it a rest people. The world will still be there after the movie is over. Geesh.

Women who pluck their eyebrows and then draw them on using what looks to be a Sharpie pen and the arch is half way up to the hair line.

Super long fake fingernails. Ick.

Automatic paper towel dispensers that don't dispense.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-09-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm too old to have peeves. I guess people too old to have peeves having pet peeves might qualify as a pet peeve.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-09-2014, 08:46 PM
People who say "vomick" instead of vomit - yes, I judge you, and it will be damn near impossible for me to take anything else you say seriously because you are a dumbass.

Pronouncing coupon like coo-pon Tongue

Not saying please or thank you... Rude.

Not holding the door open for the person behind you when their hands are full

Racist white people that listen to both country and gangsta rap. Racist assholes that eat at Mexican restaurants - they don't deserve to eat the best cheese dip in the world, they should have to stick to their collard greens and chicken livers. Ok, maybe anything racists do, including breathe.

Hitting your call light the second I walk out of the room. Really... I just asked if you need anything right before I walked out

Doctors that leave their needles for me to clean up... Assholes. Clean up your own goddamn mess.

Books that have poorly written endings - just because you end in the middle of a thought does not mean it is a cliffhanger - you just decided "oh, I'm going to end my book 'here' and make you pay for the sequel"

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
09-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Dirty dishes!

I eat my pizza, throw away the paper plate (unless it didn't get too much sauce on it-then it goes in the paper recycling bin), and immediately wash the pan the Pizza was on! Same with a can of something I cook in a pot. Right after eating I have to clean the pot, bowl, and spoon! Can't stand leaving dirty dishes in the sink for even a little while! Nope! Won't do it!

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post