What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 10:00 PM by Adrianime.)
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
(09-09-2014 08:46 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Pronouncing coupon like coo-pon Tongue
So it bugs you when people pronounce words correctly? Tongue

(09-09-2014 09:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Dirty dishes!

I eat my pizza, throw away the paper plate (unless it didn't get too much sauce on it-then it goes in the paper recycling bin), and immediately wash the pan the Pizza was on! Same with a can of something I cook in a pot. Right after eating I have to clean the pot, bowl, and spoon! Can't stand leaving dirty dishes in the sink for even a little while! Nope! Won't do it!
I completely agree!! The sink shall always be empty! Tis the rule of my house.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
09-09-2014, 10:52 PM
(09-09-2014 09:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 08:46 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Pronouncing coupon like coo-pon Tongue
So it bugs you when people pronounce words correctly? Tongue

(09-09-2014 09:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Dirty dishes!

I eat my pizza, throw away the paper plate (unless it didn't get too much sauce on it-then it goes in the paper recycling bin), and immediately wash the pan the Pizza was on! Same with a can of something I cook in a pot. Right after eating I have to clean the pot, bowl, and spoon! Can't stand leaving dirty dishes in the sink for even a little while! Nope! Won't do it!
I completely agree!! The sink shall always be empty! Tis the rule of my house.

I was gonna say that. Coo-pon is the correct way to say it. *LOL*
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2014, 01:27 AM
- People who say "a whole nother." I cringe.

- People who tailgate me. Don't do that. I will hit my brakes.

- People who flash their headlights to warn me that there's a cop up ahead. Every time you flash your lights, you have NO idea whether or not the person you're flashing at has a kidnapped child in the front seat or is drunk off their ass. I can't help but wonder how many kids have gone unsaved or how many people have been run over later on because some moron has a "fuck the po-lice!" mindset and decided to help people avoid justice.

- A bunch of other ones.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
10-09-2014, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 10:48 AM by Adrianime.)
When people say, "How's it going?" Or "How are you doing?" when passing you in a hallway or outside the building (in which you work or go to school)...when obviously you are on your way to somewhere and don't have time to actually talk.

Especially when these people are acquaintances that more than likely don't care how or if you answer, they just say it...

Similarly, when people offer anything out of courtesy (or reflex) rather than out of genuine generosity. Don't offer me a drink, snack, ride, meal, daydate, etc if you don't actually want me to accept your offer (because I WILL accept your offer). I was raised to view rejecting an offer (or gift) without good reason as an insult. Although this only applies to personal unsolicited offers.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
10-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Ut-oh. Battle of the coupon!

Should we do a poll?

Coo-pawn

Or

Quew-pawn.

Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
(10-09-2014 10:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Ut-oh. Battle of the coupon!

Should we do a poll?

Coo-pawn

Or

Quew-pawn.

Consider
Where in the English language does "ou" make a sound like "ew"?

10-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Crunching noises and gulping noises in food commercials. NO IT DOES NOT MAKE ME WANT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT. It makes me want to throw a fucking brick at my TV. No one sells toilet paper with sound effects so what the fuck makes you think I want to hear any of your body noises?

Or filler words in a conversation.

Like you know, like when you are like talking to someone you know, and um, um um you know like they keep like repeating like the same FUCKING WORDS!

Imagine if the founders wrote in that fashion? "Congress like you know, shall not you know, make know laws like you know"

Rant mode off,

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Big pet peeve...

Terrible threads that just NEVER SEEM TO DIE!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-09-2014, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 05:19 PM by JDog554.)
(10-09-2014 10:50 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 10:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Ut-oh. Battle of the coupon!

Should we do a poll?

Coo-pawn

Or

Quew-pawn.

Consider
Where in the English language does "ou" make a sound like "ew"?

Tomato, Tomato. Route, Route, etc. There will always be people who say words differently, that's why English is one of the tougher languages to learn. As long as people know what your talking about who cares.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-09-2014, 12:02 PM
(08-09-2014 03:33 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Drivers who stop way short of the car in front of them and block anyone who might be trying to jump into the turn lane they are blocking.

I sort of do this sometimes, but only because of one of my pet peeves -- when people pull up to a red light, and then after a few seconds, pull ahead another foot or two, and then after a few more seconds, pull ahead another foot or two, and so on. Why do they do this? Is their car going to blow up if it stops moving for more than a few seconds? Why not just get as far up as you're going to go right away and then wait for the light to change? When the person in front of me does this, a gap is going to develop, because I'm not going to keep creeping ahead a few feet at a time. Once I stop for the red light, I'm not moving again until it turns green.

Quote:Those who don't use turn signals. It's easy as fuck and helps everyone get down the road without an accident.

Yes, this is one of my pet peeves as well. Even worse is when they wait until they're actually making the turn, and then put their signal on. That's a waste -- the whole point of it is to let me know what you're going to do before you do it. Once you start the turn, the signal isn't giving me any additional information.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post