What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
Saying Pitcher when trying to say Picture.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2014, 03:10 PM
(10-09-2014 03:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Saying Pitcher when trying to say Picture.

If someone did that I'd be an asshole and hand them a Pitcher and say "Here you go!"

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
10-09-2014, 03:11 PM
(10-09-2014 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:31 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm, I've never heard anybody pronounce the root in root beeR in any other way than rhyming with boot (assuming we say boot the same way).

I've heard it both ways, and may even have said it both ways. But I pronounce route to rhyme with out, and coupon is koo'-pon.

Pronunciations that make me cringe:

ekcetera
ekspecially
realtor as three syllables (there is no vowel between the l and the t)
wolf pronounced as "woof"

Wool-uf
The plural of woof, is pronounced wool-a-ves.

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-09-2014, 03:19 PM
(10-09-2014 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've heard it both ways, and may even have said it both ways. But I pronounce route to rhyme with out, and coupon is koo'-pon.

Pronunciations that make me cringe:

ekcetera
ekspecially
realtor as three syllables (there is no vowel between the l and the t)
wolf pronounced as "woof"

Wool-uf
The plural of woof, is pronounced wool-a-ves.

Tongue

That would be the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing.
10-09-2014, 03:30 PM
- People lecturing me about healthy habits when they are as bad if not worse than myself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-09-2014, 03:52 PM
(10-09-2014 03:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  - People lecturing me about healthy habits when they are as bad if not worse than myself.

So when I lecture you, you will have no problem right.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
(10-09-2014 03:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  - People lecturing me about healthy habits when they are as bad if not worse than myself.

Tell them where to stuff it Matt, after you tell them to worry about their own habits.
10-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Yesterday this lady at the gym was trying to convince me to use a juicer. She told me how great juicing was for your health and your skin but she looked about 15 years older than her age. Juicing....ick.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-09-2014, 04:24 PM
(10-09-2014 04:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Yesterday this lady at the gym was trying to convince me to use a juicer. She told me how great juicing was for your health and your skin but she looked about 15 years older than her age. Juicing....ick.

Juicing is great though. You use your favorite fruit and throw a little veggies in there, you have something good. That lady was not lying.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Juicing is expensive, but fun. Sometimes healthy. Sometimes not.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.