What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: What is/are your Pet Peev(s)?
When you engage in a conversation with a person who is wrong, and you go out of your way to explain why they are wrong (point out the logical errors or the inconsistencies) and at the end of it...they just repeat the exact same thing verbatim. If I'm gonna go through the trouble of educating you...fucking learn. Oh and it's not even the ones that don't get what I am saying, I got no problem taking as much time as is needed to explain until a person gets it, education is important. It's the fuckers, for example, like Mozart Link, diddo and a bunch others that KNOW how their arguments are shit, who watch and fully comprehend the dismantling of their positions that repeat them the second you are done correcting them. People more wedded to their own dumb positions then the truth piss me off.

Also people who bitch about stuff on the internet.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-10-2014, 08:22 AM
(19-10-2014 07:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ...who watch and fully comprehend the dismantling of their positions...

I'll need some evidence for that
Drinking Beverage

god [god] n. placeholder for an unknown agent, cause, or explanation
19-10-2014, 08:39 AM
(19-10-2014 08:22 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 07:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ...who watch and fully comprehend the dismantling of their positions...

I'll need some evidence for that
Drinking Beverage

Yeah, that seems to be wishful thinking. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 10:53 PM
Five seconds after you open a web page and a pop-up intrudes with "Like what you're reading? Sign up!" As if I've had time to read anything. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Yesterday, 11:09 PM
(Yesterday 10:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Five seconds after you open a web page and a pop-up intrudes with "Like what you're reading? Sign up!" As if I've had time to read anything. Dodgy

I despise such disgusterous tactics. I don't know which prat comes up with these advertising ideas but they're universally crap and obviously marketing departments love them... Which I guess means that the average human does respond to such bullshit which means... no hope for the human race...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
Today, 02:34 AM
What you guys need is an ad blocker. Best add on to your browser you'll ever get.
Today, 02:41 AM
(Today 02:34 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  What you guys need is an ad blocker. Best add on to your browser you'll ever get.

Got. Kineo pointed me at adblock plus for firefox a while back and I've not had a problem since. But sometimes somehow some stupid pop-ups do manage to get through...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Today, 09:55 AM
(Today 02:34 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  What you guys need is an ad blocker. Best add on to your browser you'll ever get.

I use Firefox and Adblock Plus which blocks most pop-ups and embedded ads, but these somehow get through. I don't think they are pop-ups in the usual sense; just made to look that way. It's probably either Java or Flash programmed.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Today, 06:54 PM
People who ring the doorbell just as I'm about to sit down to dinner! Bastards!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Today, 08:15 PM
I just obtained my drivers license 2 months ago (extreme driving anxiety led to over 7 years of learning to drive) and so my driving pet peeves really stand out currently.

-People who do exactly the speed limit or a few kms under out in the country.*
-When people refuse to use their turn signals ever.
-When people don't hook their lights up on their trailers and you can't tell if they're turning/braking/etc.)

(*Where I live the general rule is that you may go 20 km over in the country, 10 km over in town and always go the speed limit or slower in school zones. Small town area surrounded by farms so there aren't too many people to run in to Tongue)