What is faith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 09:21 AM
RE: What is faith?
(15-02-2013 09:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It clearly has been abolished if the law is not upheld. I am not arguing that the direct quotation directly translates to such perception, but it is clearly the commonly held Christian belief. To them, "fulfill" and "abolish" seem to have interchangeable meanings, only that "abolish" is the vulgar terminology.

I don't know that it is clearly the commonly held christian belief. What makes you state this?

These have the look and feel of unfounded statements. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 09:48 AM
(15-02-2013 09:21 AM)kim Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 09:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It clearly has been abolished if the law is not upheld. I am not arguing that the direct quotation directly translates to such perception, but it is clearly the commonly held Christian belief. To them, "fulfill" and "abolish" seem to have interchangeable meanings, only that "abolish" is the vulgar terminology.

I don't know that it is clearly the commonly held christian belief. What makes you state this?

These have the look and feel of unfounded statements. Dodgy
Please point me to a major denomination of Christianity that follows Mosaic Law and the Old Testament literally. Kthanxbye.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
15-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Baptists for one... they are quite mainstream about it, too.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Re: What is faith?
Not all Baptists mind you, and even then they don't follow them all.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
15-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:Please point me to a major denomination of Christianity that follows Mosaic Law and the Old Testament literally.
Messianic Judaism. This has been a point of contention for them for many years now.
15-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Mormons take quite a lot of old testament literally.

I think it helps them justify a lot of shit. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post