What is he?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: What is he?
I've not seen any episodes of that version of Star Trek. Wish I had now... it looks rather good.

I recently read some Dennett regarding consciousness ... similar ideas ... excellent!

Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 03:29 PM
(10-04-2015 06:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The SO and I have been watching Next Generation via Netflix.....

It's a great series. A little too PC occasionally, but still a great show.

We have this family thing we started a while back. We watch an episode each night -- we actually started with voyager. We normally just watched the episode and that was it. Deep Space 9 gave us a little weird discussion here and there but we mostly just watched it. When the one episode ended we all just returned to usual stuff -- cleaning the kitchen and stuff like that. We always watch during dinnertime. Smile M-F we all sit down to a meal and 45 minutes (roughly) is the perfect amount of time. Smile

Then my oldest said he wanted to start watching the next generation -- now I've gotta admit we've seen all episodes a few times which is why we really weren't interested in watching it again...

Well --- that's what I thought, but damn near every episode has led to some sort of discussion. Even the episodes that we thought were kinda boring, really weren't and have led to amazing discussions about philosophy or what it means to lead or follow orders without thought.

Had I realized that The Next Gereration would have spawned so many discussions I would have insisted that we watch it years ago and not wasted time watching voyager at all. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Anything that gets a group of people to think is a good thing....

There's nothing more detrimental to the advancement of humans than complete agreement...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-04-2015, 04:14 PM
(10-04-2015 04:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anything that gets a group of people to think is a good thing....

There's nothing more detrimental to the advancement of humans than complete agreement...............

I completely agree. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-04-2015, 06:16 PM
(10-04-2015 02:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've not seen any episodes of that version of Star Trek. Wish I had now... it looks rather good.

I recently read some Dennett regarding consciousness ... similar ideas ... excellent!

Yes

The Next Generation certainly has inspired some of the most deep conversations I've had with myself. Incredible thing, I tell ya - sitting alone in a dark room and just wandering inside your head; drifting past hundreds of ideas without even realizing the number of thoughts you are having.

Humans - we can never quench our thirst for knowledge and wonder.

"I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." - Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes rezider's post
12-04-2015, 06:25 AM
(10-04-2015 06:16 PM)rezider Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 02:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've not seen any episodes of that version of Star Trek. Wish I had now... it looks rather good.

Yes

The Next Generation certainly has inspired some of the most deep conversations I've had with myself. Incredible thing, I tell ya - sitting alone in a dark room and just wandering inside your head; drifting past hundreds of ideas without even realizing the number of thoughts you are having.

Humans - we can never quench our thirst for knowledge and wonder.

deepest* (I wanted to correct that so badly but the 'Edit' button is gone Big Grin)

"I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." - Carl Sagan
12-04-2015, 07:53 AM
(10-04-2015 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anything that gets a group of people to think is a good thing....

I completely agree. Drinking Beverage

[Image: star-trek-see-what-you-did-there1.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post