What is it about height?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: What is it about height?
(16-02-2014 06:10 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 03:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Where are you located?

West Central Florida Smile

I'll be in Melbourne the last weekend in feb

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 01:20 PM
(16-02-2014 10:40 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 10:31 AM)aquaquilter Wrote:  Wait a minute. Mine are also huge and I look ridiculously proportioned. Hello giant breasts with tiny torso. Shopping sucks because I either look like I'm putting them on display (normal size neck openings often show too much cleavage) or I've fashioned a shelf out of fabric on my chest if the shirt goes to my collar bone.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yeah. Pics!! Mine are already in the intro section!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
16-02-2014, 01:25 PM
(16-02-2014 01:17 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 06:10 AM)War Horse Wrote:  West Central Florida Smile

I'll be in Melbourne the last weekend in feb

Well crap, thats a bit of a ride for me and dont forget that its hard for me to get away for more than a few hours because of the wife. Undecided

I hope you know that when I say that we would have had fun over some beers, that my motives were just that, to meet and have some beers and joke around some. I truely wish that I could get away, not only to meet you, but to also go to some other meet ups. Maybe in time I will. Smile

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
16-02-2014, 01:28 PM
(16-02-2014 01:25 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 01:17 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'll be in Melbourne the last weekend in feb

Well crap, thats a bit of a ride for me and dont forget that its hard for me to get away for more than a few hours because of the wife. Undecided

I hope you know that when I say that we would have had fun over some beers, that my motives were just that, to meet and have some beers and joke around some. I truely wish that I could get away, not only to meet you, but to also go to some other meet ups. Maybe in time I will. Smile

WarHorse - haha. I know. I'm happily married myself, my man. I didn't take it anything other than we enjoy our senses of humor. That's all.

I would expect you to bring the wife as I would bring the husband. :-)

16-02-2014, 01:41 PM
(16-02-2014 01:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  WarHorse - haha. I know. I'm happily married myself, my man. I didn't take it anything other than we enjoy our senses of humor. That's all.

The more the merrier, I like meeting and talking to new people. Thumbsup

But my wife is no longer in any condition to leave the house, and thats what keeps me here to do whats necessary. I just didnt want anyone to think that my warped sense of humor translated into a factual stance. I tend to get a little spicey with my joking around, but dont intend any harm. Angel

16-02-2014, 01:51 PM
(16-02-2014 01:41 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 01:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  WarHorse - haha. I know. I'm happily married myself, my man. I didn't take it anything other than we enjoy our senses of humor. That's all.

The more the merrier, I like meeting and talking to new people. Thumbsup

But my wife is no longer in any condition to leave the house, and thats what keeps me here to do whats necessary. I just didnt want anyone to think that my warped sense of humor translated into a factual stance. I tend to get a little spicey with my joking around, but dont intend any harm. Angel

Oh no! She ok?

16-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Should try being a short, round hobbit sometime. Tongue
16-02-2014, 01:57 PM
(16-02-2014 01:51 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Oh no! She ok?

Um, no No

You missed my post in the personal section, it explains most of whats going on.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ke-whining

16-02-2014, 02:56 PM
(16-02-2014 01:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Should try being a short, round hobbit sometime. Tongue

Do you ever read the comic "Zits"? It's about a 15 year old boy and his friends and their lives as teens in middle America. It's actually kind of funny. Anyway, at some point the main character, Jeremy, is stressing about meeting his girlfriend's father. So, he dreams up this guy who is like 8 feet tall and gets all worried. He finally meets him and the dad is like half of Jeremy's height. After wondering all week about what to say to this man, all he can muster is "how tall are you?".

The response is something like "I have a PhD in [some kind of] science and head a lab that overseas all kinds of research. How tall are you?".

It's a great quote and, I think, tells you everything you need to know about how much height matters. We are all what god (in the generic sense) made us in terms of height, hair color, etc. Why stress over things you can't control? Do the best you can with what you can control.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Oh I don't stress about it. It's part of who I am. Hobbits rock. Smile