What is it about the US that Trump could be elected President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: What is it about the US that Trump could be elected President?
Dems or GOP, they're all just there for themselves, power, say whatever you have to in order to get reelected, stay 1000 years like Robert Byrd, then get a nice book deal when you leave. It's all one party now. People just voted for the outsider because they're tired of Washington's bullshit. Trump has business sense.

I live in a so-called conservative state (Oklahoma) and they try to raise our taxes every election cycle. I voted for Johnson, I am from NM, and he was a good governor there, plus the two major parties are full of shit.

Remember, Trump and the Clintons occupy some of the same inter-circles. He's not as far right as he would like us to believe. He was just throwing red meat to the far-right of the GOP.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like doc88401's post
14-11-2016, 07:33 PM
(14-11-2016 04:23 PM)doc88401 Wrote:  Dems or GOP, they're all just there for themselves, power, say whatever you have to in order to get reelected, stay 1000 years like Robert Byrd, then get a nice book deal when you leave. It's all one party now. People just voted for the outsider because they're tired of Washington's bullshit. Trump has business sense.

I live in a so-called conservative state (Oklahoma) and they try to raise our taxes every election cycle. I voted for Johnson, I am from NM, and he was a good governor there, plus the two major parties are full of shit.

Remember, Trump and the Clintons occupy some of the same inter-circles. He's not as far right as he would like us to believe. He was just throwing red meat to the far-right of the GOP.

Johnson behaved like an awkward, nerdy teenager with poor social skills. I voted Johnson in the last election, but he was actually getting media coverage this election and he just didn't handle the heat very well or very eloquently. He was downright inappropriate at times and a third party candidate with practically no campaign budget just can't afford not to take the election seriously.

I'm furious with Johnson for screwing this up because we finally had a real chance to get the message out there that there are other parties to consider besides the GOP and the dems. Angry

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Personally, I like him. But - he is not the man for the job.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-11-2016, 09:12 AM
(15-11-2016 06:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  Personally, I like him. But - he is not the man for the job.

My son said there's a couple of new strains out called "Aleppo" and "El Presidente de Mexico". It's not clear to me whether foreign policy is best conducted sober or stoned out of your mind.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-11-2016, 12:26 AM
(14-11-2016 11:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 10:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Being against Obama does not equal racism. We're a partisan country now. Of course republicans are going to be against every move Obama makes. Just like democrats are going to loath every single thing Trump does. It would be no different if it was Ted Cruz, Rubio, Jeb Bush or Trump. There is no middle now. If Hillary got elected, all we would hear for the next 4-8 years was how republicans only disagree with Hillary's decisions is because she's a woman. When in reality, both parties hate each other and every decision the other makes will be critisized.

Both parties should look at themselves. Obstructionism is probably going to continue now that it has been introduced. It didn't use to be that way.

It's disgusting how they fight like little children throwing sand in each other's eyes and ruin the country in the process.

In a way, it's almost like a macro-version of how a thread here will get shitted-up because two posters with a long dislike of each other start with snide digs and end with WoT posts full of insult and thin on content.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post