What is it about theists that make them think that personal insults win a debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2013, 03:34 PM
RE: What is it about theists that make them think that personal insults win a debate?
(19-02-2013 03:26 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  The guy actually accuses me of being dishonest about my "non-belief in god". . . . that I actually DO believe, but am being a phony. That is the same as calling me a liar. He doesn't know one thing about me. He's just mad that I don't blindly follow his special friend, . . . and that pisses him off. He call ME immature, . . . but he sure seems far more himself.
Sounds like Ego®

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: What is it about theists that make them think that personal insults win a debate?
(19-02-2013 03:26 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  The guy actually accuses me of being dishonest about my "non-belief in god". . . . that I actually DO believe, but am being a phony. That is the same as calling me a liar. He doesn't know one thing about me. He's just mad that I don't blindly follow his special friend, . . . and that pisses him off. He call ME immature, . . . but he sure seems far more himself.
I get that a lot, they know it bugs us (atheists). Only reason they say it.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
19-02-2013, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 03:46 PM by DeavonReye.)
Yeah, he only seems to be about ad hominems, . . . mostly because he has bought into the lie that "HE is special and believes that a supernatural, magnificent, and powerful god created the world for him". It must be very scary to think that you are just one amongst many and will cease to exist in a relatively short period of time.

BTW, if you care to traunce people like him, you can find him on Glenn Beck's news site, theblaze.com, which has to be one of the worst forum type setups on the internet!
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
19-02-2013, 03:40 PM
So, what IS the best way to counteract people like him . . . when they are defaming your name in a public forum and you don't really want him to "win"?
19-02-2013, 03:44 PM
(19-02-2013 03:40 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  So, what IS the best way to counteract people like him . . . when they are defaming your name in a public forum and you don't really want him to "win"?
Point out the fact that all they are doing is making a series of logical fallacies and then say "either come back to the discussion when you actually want to have one, or buzz off as I don't want to waste my time being insulted by a twit."

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
19-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Id just walk away, you got him to the point where hes throwing insults...which is good. Maybe later on, hell reflect on the conversation and get the hint of doubt that helps lead to atheism.

Or hell just be like PleaseJesus.....

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
19-02-2013, 03:47 PM
StorMFront, he is too much of a narcissist to reflect on his actions.
19-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Well, theres your answer then, its not worth getting aggravated over

19-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Fear and laziness.

ALSO...they're all stupid ignorant bastards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Stay away from anything involving Glenn Beck. That's a circle jerk forum.

If you truly must reply, just type "LOL" at any of his comments.
Don't respond with reason or logic or counter arguments. Just laugh at him.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post