What is it about theists that make them think that personal insults win a debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: What is it about theists that make them think that personal insults win a debate?
They don't think insults will win the debate. They just have no other choice.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

"cognitive dissonance is the feeling of
discomfort when simultaneously holding two or more conflicting cognitions: ideas,
beliefs, values or emotional reactions. In a state of dissonance, people may
sometimes feel "disequilibrium": frustration, hunger, dread, guilt,
anger, embarrassment, anxiety, etc".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Simon Moon's post
20-02-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: What is it about theists that make them think that personal insults win a debate?
(20-02-2013 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmmm, he seems dismissive towards you because of your atheism. How does he respond to Christians who disagree with him?

I think it might be interesting how he would respond to me.

I actually [sort of] invited him here to debate [because he thinks atheists are ignorant and "he squashed atheist on USENET back in the day" {paraphrase}]. I doubt he'll actually show up here, though. It is easy to be in a conservative forum and call opponents "ignorant", "whiney", "twerp", etc, . . . than to come on an actual place where there may be some significant opposition.

If he shows up, he will be . . . theotherberean [if he keeps that username].
20-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Simon, . . . I suppose he could have some cognative dissonance, . . . but I really think he is SO arrogant as to think that he is absolutely right.
20-02-2013, 03:01 PM
(20-02-2013 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmmm, he seems dismissive towards you because of your atheism. How does he respond to Christians who disagree with him?

Didn't he ask you to join with him to convert the infidels?
20-02-2013, 03:18 PM
(20-02-2013 03:01 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  

Didn't he ask you to join with him to convert the infidels?
I have no idea who he is.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-02-2013, 03:26 PM
(20-02-2013 03:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 03:01 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Didn't he ask you to join with him to convert the infidels?
I have no idea who he is.
Yes - he did ask you Kingsy - he saw your signature and didn't know you were a christee. He apologized, kissed your ass, and asked you to unite with him to do something(don't remember) to the infidel atheists... (with love!) I believe was his clarification for his smarm.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-02-2013, 03:30 PM
(20-02-2013 03:26 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 03:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have no idea who he is.
Yes - he did ask you Kingsy - he saw your signature and didn't know you were a christee. He apologized, kissed your ass, and asked you to unite with him to do something(don't remember) to the infidel atheists... (with love!) I believe was his clarification for his smarm.
Wait.

Is this topic about PleaseJesus?

20-02-2013, 03:32 PM
(20-02-2013 01:09 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think it might be interesting how he would respond to me.

Oh Kingsy, you just don't want to get along with anyone, do ya? Tongue

How's the family? You making sure our little heathen baby girl is fat and happy? Shy
lol, I was just wondering Tongue

And yes, everyone (except me) are doing well. She's fat and happy.

20-02-2013, 03:49 PM
We took this pic of her Sunday.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
20-02-2013, 03:51 PM
(20-02-2013 03:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We took this pic of her Sunday.
It looks like she'll be ripe soon. Evil_monster

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post