What is morally wrong with Cannbalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: What is morally wrong with Cannbalism?
(15-08-2014 12:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 12:43 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  The lines between "morality" and "culture" start to blur at that point.

And it doesn't at any other point?

Fair point. I don't know if it is ever possible to completely separate the two.

In the examples you used before though, tradition is certainly more of a cultural appeal than reciprocity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 02:05 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Were it not for the Religious taboo I would see nothing unethical or dishonorable about feeding my family with my flesh. It is a token of respect. You can throw the corpse away away as if it were trash or fertilizer or burn it, or you can become one with. There was a time where multiple desires were satiated in this way. It's a type of intimacy with someone you find endearing.

That would be if we lived in a different culture. From what I read, the Aztects would sometimes eat a leg, an arm, or a heart.

Did you know there are birds that peck themselves to feed their chicks their blood?
15-08-2014, 02:39 PM
(15-08-2014 01:11 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 12:47 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  To me the act of eating human flesh is on par with having sex with cadavers or raping children.

Consider

I don't see any of those things being similar at all...

Certainly wouldn't consider them to be equally immoral. Considering the latter would negatively affect a living person in a substantial way, I'd say its by far the worst.

There are circumstances where eating human flesh may be necessary for survival... But I can't see the others ever being necessary.
It does make me realize that my morals go beyond just the silver rule, which is usually what I go by. But treating human beings as food crosses a mental barrier for me. Just conceptualizing it makes me uncomfortable, repulsed, and sick to my stomach. I don't personally think I could do it for survival. I think I'd rather die. (although, I can't say, because I've never been in such a situation.)

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-08-2014, 02:44 PM
That's what the rugby players that survived the plane crash said. They were healthy.
15-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Hmmm...

If I were forced for some catastrophic reason to turn to cannibalism, it would be difficult, but maybe...MAYBE I could eat human flesh. I dunno. Guess if it means survival or not, we may have to do some rash things.

But, eating fetuses isn't necessary. It wouldn't necessarily be immoral, because morality is one of those things that is somewhat subjective. But, it's one of those slippery slopes. It degrades human life, if you ask me. (eating fetuses) So, when we start degrading life on one level, other levels tend to follow. I see a slippery slope of bad stuff to come down the pike.

Why do you ponder such things? Tongue

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
15-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Re: RE: What is morally wrong with Cannbalism?
(15-08-2014 02:44 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  That's what the rugby players that survived the plane crash said. They were healthy.

what does they were healthy mean?

You don't seem to answer questions of the threads you create personally. Perhaps because nobody directly asks.

Do you think eating human flesh is morally wrong? If, no, what do you think is something that is morally wrong?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Is it immoral? No...if it was voluntary. Is it something I'd really want to do? No thank you.
15-08-2014, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 10:30 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Well, I personally was pondering it because Jesus wants us to eat him. And I can think of a few people right now that I would let eat me Wink, wink Wink

I used to read a lot about the POW camps or other concentration camps where people were skin and bones and dying of starvation. I didn't understand why the bodies were cremated when they could have been used to keep starving people alive. Also, there have been many times where famine was causing people to starve to death yet they could have ate the dead and chose to starve to death instead. I was wondering, if there was no Religious taboo, why that would be so bad.

Also, I watched that movie alive which is a true story about a plane crash in the Andes where they survived off of eating each other and made a pact with eachother that if any of them died, that their body would be used as food. They wanted to be eaten, and one guy joked, "whoever eats me, be sure to clean your plate" Tongue lol

I think abnormal psychology and behaviors that are considered taboo are fascinating. I'm sorry, that's just who I am. Also, I've been in many bad situations where having a sense of humor about it made it more bearable. I watched an Auschwitz movie where survivors talked about their experience and there were clowns there that tried to act like Charlie chaplain to get everyone amused and ease some pain.
15-08-2014, 10:28 PM
(15-08-2014 10:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 02:44 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  That's what the rugby players that survived the plane crash said. They were healthy.

what does they were healthy mean?

You don't seem to answer questions of the threads you create personally. Perhaps because nobody directly asks.

Do you think eating human flesh is morally wrong? If, no, what do you think is something that is morally wrong?

I think cruelty is immoral
15-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Re: What is morally wrong with Cannbalism?
Simply cannibalism and cannibalism while on the brink of starvation are separate moral questions in my view.

Though both can be seen as cruel to those who cared about that human... if there still exists some.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson