15-02-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: What is on your bookshelf?
Aye Smile

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 05:13 PM
(15-02-2015 02:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I prefer books over Kindle or Audio, but the amount of time I spend traveling or being out in the boonies somewhere makes it irrational to have anywhere near as large a library as I'd like. I've also got a vast Audible collection ranging from zombie fiction to Steven Pinker that dwarfs everything here and some Norse books at a different house.

My little book shelf:
[Image: 6E1FlMf.jpg]

[Image: oDGCmdj.jpg]

[Image: 2NkILCN.jpg]

[Image: BZYs60r.jpg]

Bookshelf overflow, currently reading, or so often read I don't bother putting it away. Also a few children's books in Chinese I read to my kids. I'm hoping they pick it up Tongue For now my 3 year old only talks to me in English and French, not sure how much of the Chinese he actually understands.
[Image: DOL8fFc.jpg]

[Image: iua0rdt.jpg]

Kindle:
[Image: 5n3oRnZ.jpg]

[Image: 6aHJgUA.jpg]

So how do you light a fart??Rolleyes
15-02-2015, 05:50 PM
(15-02-2015 05:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 02:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I prefer books over Kindle or Audio, but the amount of time I spend traveling or being out in the boonies somewhere makes it irrational to have anywhere near as large a library as I'd like. I've also got a vast Audible collection ranging from zombie fiction to Steven Pinker that dwarfs everything here and some Norse books at a different house.

My little book shelf:
[Image: 6E1FlMf.jpg]

[Image: oDGCmdj.jpg]

[Image: 2NkILCN.jpg]

[Image: BZYs60r.jpg]

Bookshelf overflow, currently reading, or so often read I don't bother putting it away. Also a few children's books in Chinese I read to my kids. I'm hoping they pick it up Tongue For now my 3 year old only talks to me in English and French, not sure how much of the Chinese he actually understands.
[Image: DOL8fFc.jpg]

[Image: iua0rdt.jpg]

Kindle:
[Image: 5n3oRnZ.jpg]

[Image: 6aHJgUA.jpg]

So how do you light a fart??Rolleyes

That's actually a pretty interesting book lol. Collection of random neat sciency stuff, including but not limited to the science behind the lighting of a fart.

'Murican Canadian
15-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Nothing, I don't have a bookcase because if I did I would have to move it around when I move house (which I do frequently) which would be a pain in the ass for the movers.
So instead I use the floor of which contains 1 history book and 1 book about bonsai trees.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Re Kindle: for reading you want the paperwhite, which is the cheaper one. They also have a tablet that is no better for reading than other tablets.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-02-2015, 09:20 AM
What is on your bookshelf?
Found an old kindle over the weekend for free. Charged it up and works well for old tech. It's the kindle 2, D01100. Not bad at all. The only suck part is some of the books are not compatible with it. Also if it has color graphs, that's a no go also.
23-02-2015, 10:04 AM
I've got a bunch of 3E D&D books, programming books, the Narnia series, the LotR series, and some odds and ends on Poker and comics.

In a box, waiting to be shelved when I get another shelf is a bunch of Calvin & Hobbes, Dilbert, and Far Side comics.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-02-2015, 10:06 AM
(23-02-2015 10:04 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I've got a bunch of 3E D&D books, programming books, the Narnia series, the LotR series, and some odds and ends on Poker and comics.

In a box, waiting to be shelved when I get another shelf is a bunch of Calvin & Hobbes, Dilbert, and Far Side comics.

I sold my Calvin and Hobbes collection a few years ago but have hung on to my Bloom County books.

I have such a random collection on my bookshelves, in my end table, and scattered around the house.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-02-2015, 10:19 AM
(23-02-2015 10:04 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I've got a bunch of 3E D&D books, programming books, the Narnia series, the LotR series, and some odds and ends on Poker and comics.

I actually forgot about that. I have the complete collection of 3rd edition tucked away in a box. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Beneath the hardened borderline psychopath wannabe, I'm really just a big nerd at heart.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-02-2015, 10:26 AM
What is on your bookshelf?

I didn't have anybody to hang with that played D&D when I was younger. I never got into the board games, I loved the video games though.