What is on your concert radar coming up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 08:38 PM
I just posted on Dom's Fire thread one of my all time favourite songs ever, once a year I get obsessed with it. It gets me- those shivers and all the feels. I just spent the last hour going through all the youtube other covers even. Then it occurred to me (can't believe it didn't before) that I really want to see this played live before he or I dies.

Bruce Springsteen's I'm on Fire. Heart

I looked it up. All I can find is NYC, cheapest seat is $1200. I have too many other financial priorities this month to jump a plane and catch. Sad DEAR FAIRY GODMOTHER, PLS SEND TIX

Dang.

I just saw Guns n' Roses last week. They didn't disappoint. I think they're heading to NA west coast next, go if you can!

I'm going to see Nightwish in April 2018.

You, what are you going to see or you want to?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-09-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: What is on your concert radar coming up?
(07-09-2017 08:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I just posted on Dom's Fire thread one of my all time favourite songs ever, once a year I get obsessed with it. It gets me- those shivers and all the feels. I just spent the last hour going through all the youtube other covers even. Then it occurred to me (can't believe it didn't before) that I really want to see this played live before he or I dies.

Bruce Springsteen's I'm on Fire. Heart

I looked it up. All I can find is NYC, cheapest seat is $1200. I have too many other financial priorities this month to jump a plane and catch. Sad DEAR FAIRY GODMOTHER, PLS SEND TIX

Dang.

I just saw Guns n' Roses last week. They didn't disappoint. I think they're heading to NA west coast next, go if you can!

I'm going to see Nightwish in April 2018.

You, what are you going to see or you want to?

My bf loves Bruce too. For me, I love going to see up and coming local bands. I also like some yoga-ish musicians/artists like MC Yogi, DJ Drez, Marti Nikko, Deva Primal.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Going to a concert of one of my long-time favorites next week. Most people have never heard of her. GOOD tickets (at a table up front) were $20 in advance. I posted another of my favorites on the weird baby doll thread... As far as I know this one still holds the record for the longest song title ever. It's called

Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me 11:00 On a Friday Morning to Tell Me that at 1:00 Friday Afternoon You're Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go Out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks, Not that I Wanted to Go With You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out With You for Three Years I DON'T Like Surprises!! Subtitled: A Musical Apology

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
07-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Ha ha! That's the kind of trivia my Dad always lets me in on. I'm excited on your behalf, hope it's a fun time and a good time.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-09-2017, 09:36 PM
I'm plan on going to Sabaton concert when they will tour Poland again. Gotta check it but I'm afraid that it will be no sooner than next year.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-09-2017, 06:13 AM
[Image: TrumpFiddles.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
08-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Nagumo and the Zeros.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-09-2017, 08:43 AM
I'll be going to see the Brad Mehldau Trio (one of the best jazz piano trios ever) in December. I also have box seats for two Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concerts next year. They will be playing Mahler's "Das Lied von der Erde" in one and Beethoven's 9th Symphony in the other -- two of the greatest pieces of music performed by a great orchestra. Good times coming up!
08-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Between the Buried and Me, doing a month long ten year anniversary tour of their album Colors that passes through Lawrence. Gonna try to catch that one, they are the last concert I've been to also, and it was superb.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-09-2017, 05:43 PM
So, my friend is having a milestone bday this year. We were going to go to New York end of Nov ish but she's not so sure. I'm just along for the ride, waiting for her to pick the destination. She's looking NA wide. I suggested she find a good live show, concert kinda thing. She thinks that's the best idea. But then we drew a blank for looking stuff up. ha ha.

I love cover bands so much, too. When I was in Singapore a couple months ago there was this cover band who played the perfect cheesy songs, it was the best.

Im looking for concerts of local bands or big band that anyone can suggest in their hood?