What is science? What isn't?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: What is science? What isn't?
(13-09-2016 09:30 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Science for me is about understanding nature. About understanding that there is no god and no afterlife because there is no evidence for it therefore it's impossible. All science works on this understanding and all science is love.

The lack of evidence is reason to not believe that there is a god but not necessarily reason to believe that there is no god. The lack of evidence where evidence would normally be expected is better reason to conclude that the existence of a god is highly unlikely. I know of few atheists that would claim it is impossible.

You do no understand a thing about what science is or how it works. You do not understand what atheism is. Your strawman arguments are just ludicrous. If you dropped this inane "I love science" guise and actually interacted with people perhaps there could be some sort of communication but as it stands you are just a minor annoyance at best. Better trolls than you have been here and will be in the future.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
13-09-2016, 12:17 PM
(13-09-2016 09:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Better trolls than you have been here and will be in the future.

Considering that he sets bar pretty low being better troll isn't big achievement.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
13-09-2016, 01:24 PM
(13-09-2016 09:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 09:30 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Science for me is about understanding nature. About understanding that there is no god and no afterlife because there is no evidence for it therefore it's impossible. All science works on this understanding and all science is love.

The lack of evidence is reason to not believe that there is a god but not necessarily reason to believe that there is no god. The lack of evidence where evidence would normally be expected is better reason to conclude that the existence of a god is highly unlikely. I know of few atheists that would claim it is impossible.

You do no understand a thing about what science is or how it works. You do not understand what atheism is. Your strawman arguments are just ludicrous. If you dropped this inane "I love science" guise and actually interacted with people perhaps there could be some sort of communication but as it stands you are just a minor annoyance at best. Better trolls than you have been here and will be in the future.

Yes that. no evidence for god in the place where the evidence is. Correct. Out of curiosity where was it did you look? Consider I have searched behind the sofa for god and in the attic and I did expect him to be in the attic but I found no evidence. hmmm... this is tricky isn't it.
13-09-2016, 01:38 PM
(13-09-2016 01:24 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Yes that. no evidence for god in the place where the evidence is. Correct. Out of curiosity where was it did you look? Consider I have searched behind the sofa for god and in the attic and I did expect him to be in the attic but I found no evidence. hmmm... this is tricky isn't it.

So you don't understand what evidence is either. Noted.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
13-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Science is a method of understanding something. It observes and measures stuff.
It doesn't "prove" a thing but it can "disprove" a thing.

'Bout it really. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-09-2016, 04:58 AM
(13-09-2016 04:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Science is a method of understanding something. It observes and measures stuff.
It doesn't "prove" a thing but it can "disprove" a thing.

'Bout it really. Shy

Hey this ones a heretic right here guys! It proves atheism dude! No evidence for god is no god and that is science. Totally proven.Drinking Beverage
14-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Wut?

What is wrong with you, ST?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
14-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Seriously, I'm not just insulting you.

Everyone here can see that you're a Christian, trying to come here to harass us about what it is that you think we believe.

But everyone else who's watching this board can see how bad your arguments are, how far they are from what atheists really claim, and how our responses to you (and your counter responses) show a basic honesty on our part and basic dishonesty on yours.

Since they can see that you're really a Christian trying to make us look bad, you're not only failing in your primary goal but also succeeding in making Christianity look really awful.

So, uh, congratulations and thanks, I guess.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-09-2016, 12:02 PM
(14-09-2016 09:02 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wut?

What is wrong with you, ST?

He's got a major chip on his shoulder, I think. Maybe some christian hating atheist killed his family and left him for dead. Now he must go into atheist forums as a strawman atheist troll and annoy us to death.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
14-09-2016, 12:17 PM
He/she certainly seems to feel threatened - poor, wee christee. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein