What is sex?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: What is sex?
At work.

(01-12-2017 11:17 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If you take rule 34 into account, what isn't?

I've seen enough 4CHAN to know where that Hentai is going.....

Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Jesus Christ, Dom! Two things I didn't really want to learn Dodgy

Luckily, am now mostly thinking of blue cheese and grapes, so all is good. Other than the fact that I have neither of those things, of course

(01-12-2017 10:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  but I know it when I see it.

Don't be bringing voyeurism into this, it's hard enough to come to an agreement as it is Rolleyes

I agree, Impulse, but a rose by any other name... just because people have their own definition of something, doesn't really change the objective reality of that something and make it something else.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
01-12-2017, 02:18 PM
I like to call "sex" anything and everything involving genitals as long as it leads to an orgasm and/or involves putting things in or around genitals.
I hope this is clean enough to leave the thread where it is.

Darth Vader
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
01-12-2017, 02:31 PM
(01-12-2017 01:12 PM)Vera Wrote:  I agree, Impulse, but a rose by any other name... just because people have their own definition of something, doesn't really change the objective reality of that something and make it something else.

Except that something is what its definition says it is. And if there is no agreement on the definition...

Or, put another way, sex is more abstract than say, a rock. A rock isn't really open to interpretation regarding its definition like sex is. Otherwise, you wouldn't have created this thread. Tongue

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
01-12-2017, 02:41 PM
(01-12-2017 02:18 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I like to call "sex" anything and everything involving genitals as long as it leads to an orgasm and/or involves putting things in or around genitals.
I hope this is clean enough to leave the thread where it is.

Nope. Go to deviantart and search MLP. You're welcome.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
01-12-2017, 03:54 PM
(01-12-2017 02:31 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Except that something is what its definition says it is. And if there is no agreement on the definition...

Actually, linguistically speaking, this is very shaky ground.

Quote:Or, put another way, sex is more abstract than say, a rock. A rock isn't really open to interpretation regarding its definition like sex is. Otherwise, you wouldn't have created this thread. Tongue

Sexually speaking, I am more inclined to agree. To an extent.

Just found this article. Found it interesting.

"Study: Adults Can't Agree What 'Sex' Means:

Researchers at the renowned Kinsey Institute at Indiana University asked 484 people "Would you say you had sex with someone if …"

People between the ages of 18 and 96 took part in the study, and their results showed no single generation or gender agrees on a definition of "had sex" -- be it oral, anal or digital
"

And that even before we the times of robot sex and brain sex

(I also just learnt the word flexuality. Am on a roll today. And speaking of, how do I go about getting hold of some hay around here Rolleyes )

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8683703]

01-12-2017, 04:03 PM
(01-12-2017 08:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sex is...

Consider

... messy.

Precisely why I restrict my activities to a single partner who's going to end up having to wipe my ass and change my diapers eventually anyway. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-12-2017, 04:17 PM
(01-12-2017 03:54 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 02:31 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Except that something is what its definition says it is. And if there is no agreement on the definition...

Actually, linguistically speaking, this is very shaky ground.

You're right, I didn't say exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that. Let me try again. Certain things are what they are regardless of their definition (like a rock). Other things are more abstract (like schizophrenia) and we rely more on its definition to understand exactly what it is. I think sex is somewhat more like the latter. There are activities like intercourse, petting, etc. that are what they are regardless of what we call them. But defining "sex" requires identifying which activities or other aspects make something "sex" and about that there isn't consistent agreement.

(01-12-2017 03:54 PM)Vera Wrote:  People between the ages of 18 and 96 took part in the study, and their results showed no single generation or gender agrees on a definition of "had sex" -- be it oral, anal or digital[/i]"

Interesting point about "digital" sex. There are cyber sex and phone sex and I think those can legitimately be called forms of sex.

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
01-12-2017, 04:19 PM
(01-12-2017 04:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You're right, I didn't say exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that. Let me try again. Certain things are what they are regardless of their definition (like a rock). Other things are more abstract (like schizophrenia) and we rely more on its definition to understand exactly what it is. I think sex is somewhat more like the latter. There are activities like intercourse, petting, etc. that are what they are regardless of what we call them. But defining "sex" requires identifying which activities or other aspects make something "sex" and about that there isn't consistent agreement.

Nah, I did get it and I do agree. But I also do not think sex is something entirely abstract and the exact opposite of something like a rock. More like, it's between a rock and a hard... something or other Angel

And yeah, there are bound to be other types of sex in the future. Just you wait until we master telepathy and/or upload our brains into one giant network. Rolleyes

01-12-2017, 06:12 PM
(01-12-2017 09:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  Is there a way of doing it wrong? Blink

Yeah. Weeping

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post