What is sex?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2017, 02:38 AM
RE: What is sex?
(01-12-2017 08:01 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I assume it's technically short for sexual intercourse.

If I had to define it, I'd say it would be anything that involves coming into contact with another person's genitals.

Whoops, I'll update this to include what I originally wrote before changing my mind. It should involve stimulating genitals. Otherwise, it could include medical examinations or uncles visiting.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2017, 02:42 AM
(01-12-2017 07:51 AM)Vera Wrote:  After a long discussion* with a friend last night, I have a question. I would also really like not to have to move the thread to the over 18 section, where nobody will see it, so I'll try to keep it really basic and/or clinical and would appreciate it if it stayed this way. I know we've had way racier posts and threads in the general sections before so hope this is okay, but if the powers that be be of a different mind, they may, of course, move it.

Do you think that the word sex only (or even primarily) applies to one form of sex and is there a "real sex" and "less real" one?

And if someone asked you if you had had sex with someone, would it be a lie to say you hadn't, if you had been Clinton and the other person - Monica?

* And by discussion I really mean "I'm right and you're wrong", "No, I'm not", "Yes, you are" Rolleyes

[Image: tenor.gif]

Nah, just kidding. More like:

Well I’d guess I’d define it as a part of mating in h. Sapiens with involves the mutual stimulation of the sex organs for pleasure and/or emotional bonding.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2017, 07:30 AM
(01-12-2017 06:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Yeah. Weeping

Tongue

Indeed.

""There are no bones in the penis, but it can, in fact, become "broken." Doctors refer to the injury as a "penile fracture," and it's every bit as harrowing as you'd imagine.

"[Penile fracture] is a severe form of bending injury to the erect penis that occurs when a membrane called the tunica albuginea tears," explains Hunter Wessells — chair of the urology department at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He continues:

So how does a penis actually, you know, break? According to Wessels, any form of vigorous intercourse when the penis is rammed into a solid structure... "during sexual acrobatics," for instance.

"We had this patient who suffered penile fracture after running across the room and trying to penetrate his wife with a flying leap," he says."

Or:

"..the amorous couple were making the most of a warm day, and a practically deserted beach, when they decided to take a dip in the ocean at Porto San Giorgio to express their love.

But their lovemaking came to an embarrassing end when the man was unable to extricate himself from the woman due to suction... They remained in the water until they caught the attention of a woman walking along the beach, who gave them a towel after they struggled back to the shore.

A doctor was called and they were taken to a hospital emergency room. There the woman was given an injection usually used to dilate the uterus of pregnant women, in order to untangle the couple."

And then, someone made the best internet comment I have ever read and will ever read: "When there was only one set of footprints, that's when I was carrying you because my penis was stuck inside you." [Image: hehe.gif]

[Image: footprints.png]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
06-12-2017, 03:15 PM
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is', is.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
06-12-2017, 09:23 PM
All this talk of gerbils and nekkidness....it keeps circling me back to this:

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams