What is slut shaming?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: What is slut shaming?
(06-03-2015 06:05 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Men started it to attempt to make sure it was their genes that got passed on by the desirable females. Think survival and evolution.

Do you think there's any difference between a man being promiscuous, and a woman being promiscuous? I mean, is there a particular reason why men would consider it undesirable to be with a promiscuous woman?

Sure. He can't know if he's the father of the baby.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 06:09 PM
(06-03-2015 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:05 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  Do you think there's any difference between a man being promiscuous, and a woman being promiscuous? I mean, is there a particular reason why men would consider it undesirable to be with a promiscuous woman?

Sure. He can't know if he's the father of the baby.

What if he does know? Are there men who would still see it as a problem?
06-03-2015, 06:11 PM
(06-03-2015 06:09 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sure. He can't know if he's the father of the baby.

2000 years of being told it's bad insinuating itself into their thinking?

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-03-2015, 06:12 PM
(06-03-2015 06:05 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Men started it to attempt to make sure it was their genes that got passed on by the desirable females. Think survival and evolution.

Do you think there's any difference between a man being promiscuous, and a woman being promiscuous? I mean, is there a particular reason why men would consider it undesirable to be with a promiscuous woman?

Read what Bucky said. Men wanted to be sure that their genes were passed on and that any children were definitely his and not Uggah's. A woman is sure that the child she gave birth to is her's. A man can only take her word for it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-03-2015, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 07:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-03-2015 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sure. He can't know if he's the father of the baby.

You have to sort through the evolutionary past, and the the patterns that produced modern values. The fact is an ancient primate could not know. Most men don't want their wives to have babies by other men, which they are responsible for raising and providing for.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-03-2015, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 06:20 PM by TheGulegon.)

Not so much for men who don't buy into the notion that chastity is a virtue! For men who listen to, say, the Pope, it could still be a problem for them!

06-03-2015, 06:16 PM
One of the fraternities at my university had shirts specifically for the girls they shacked up with the night before. "Oh, you don't wanna leave the house in your sparkly top from last night? Here, take 'my' t-shirt." And then there were the ones that would line up and clap when the girls would wake up and have to walk down the hall.

Or how about how my sorority called me to Standards (6 junior/seniors and the sponsor) when I was a pledge because of a rumor that I sucked off a Lambda Chi at a party? (And what if I did? Who the fuck cares? How in the hell did they even find out? And where were my big sisters when the guy took advantage of me? Goddamn I haven't thought about that one in 10 years...I only remember having one drink that night.) Aaaand told their friends about it and the rumor spread to multiple sororities and fraternities. Btw, I eventually depinned. Hard to overcome a tarnished reputation. And I was by no means the most promiscuous girl in the sorority nor my pledge class - hell, I only had sex with ONE person all through college.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-03-2015, 06:18 PM
(06-03-2015 06:16 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:09 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  What if he does know? Are there men who would still see it as a problem?

Not so much for men who don't buy into the notion that chastity is a virtue! For men who listen to, say, the Pope, it could still be a problem for them!

Is chastity a virtue?
06-03-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 06:23 PM by TheGulegon.)
(06-03-2015 06:18 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:16 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not so much for men who don't buy into the notion that chastity is a virtue! For men who listen to, say, the Pope, it could still be a problem for them!

Is chastity a virtue?

HELL no! Rolleyes
Tongue
At least I don't see chastity, for anyone, as a positive thing!

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-03-2015, 06:23 PM
(06-03-2015 06:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 06:18 PM)Julia Tiberius Wrote:  Is chastity a virtue?

HELL naw! Rolleyes
Tongue

Can you explain why?

Let me explain why I'm asking all these questions. I'm 20 years old and i've had sex with 7 guys, and now no one will seriously date me once they find out.