What is the Most...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 12:12 AM
RE: What is the Most...
I once tried speaking in tongues. I never felt more retarded.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Matthew Laramore's post
07-12-2012, 01:46 AM
(07-12-2012 12:12 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  I once tried speaking in tongues. I never felt more retarded.
And rightfully so...or as you would have said "deiuhbeouh oufhrouh rofu hreoferf ouh refo ueriurf"

07-12-2012, 03:51 AM
I think I'm going to enjoy lurking around this thread. Ought to be good for laughs.

(06-12-2012 09:39 PM)nach_in Wrote:  We once participated in a mural contest in high school and our school made something with jesus and of course we lost. One of my class mates worked really hard on it and when she started crying I tried to help her by telling her how much god loved us because we made something in his name and all that shit...

Until this day I feel embarrassed about that, most embarrassing thing I did in my life D:

Hold on a second.

I thought you weren't supposed to make graven images? Maybe that's why you lost... Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2012, 04:00 AM
(07-12-2012 03:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I think I'm going to enjoy lurking around this thread. Ought to be good for laughs.

(06-12-2012 09:39 PM)nach_in Wrote:  We once participated in a mural contest in high school and our school made something with jesus and of course we lost. One of my class mates worked really hard on it and when she started crying I tried to help her by telling her how much god loved us because we made something in his name and all that shit...

Until this day I feel embarrassed about that, most embarrassing thing I did in my life D:

Hold on a second.

I thought you weren't supposed to make graven images? Maybe that's why you lost... Consider
One word: Catholics

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-12-2012, 04:07 AM
I don't get it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Oh yeah, how about this line that I used in earnest at the age of 20-ish when my "unsaved" mom and I were talking about church & God and said she felt something pulling at her, "That's the holy spirit tugging at your heartstrings."

I just threw up in my mouth.

Worst part is, because of *my* influence she's a devout Christian.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
07-12-2012, 04:27 AM
(07-12-2012 04:07 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't get it...
Have you seen all the image worshipping in the catholic church?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Oh, I get it now.

I R Geneus

07-12-2012, 05:11 AM
(07-12-2012 04:25 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  Worst part is, because of *my* influence she's a devout Christian.

[Image: tumblr_m4yackqC2K1qzt11wo1_500.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 05:52 AM
(06-12-2012 08:41 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  ...embarrassing thing you did in the name of faith while you were a theist?

I realize not all of us here were once believers, but for those who were, what things did you do in the name of faith that, today, you look back on with feelings of shame and regret?

For me, it was a number of things (that I can remember):

1) I ruined a friend's birthday party because she proposed a harmless game of "light as a feather; stiff as a board". I insisted that this was a blatant act of witchcraft and began ranting about her desire to invite demons into her life and home. (Come to think of it, as a JW, I'm not sure how I managed to be there in the first place)

2) I broke down crying to a religious official about my new-found habit of self-gratification.

3) I forced a friend to remove a "satanic" song from an online social network account because I had to hear it each time I visited her page.

4) I forced the same person - while we were in a romantic relationship - to erase her most deeply-held passion, horror films, from her life because they dealt with themes of death, spiritism, the supernatural and the occult.

5) I eventually abandoned our plans to wed because she wasn't as "christian" as I thought she should be.

6) I drove my car to a nearby river and dumped the majority of my CD collection (more than half) into the water because some songs contained spiritistic, occult and even *GASP* atheistic themes. (This is probably the worst offense of all. lol)

1. I refused to open doors in my own life and instead waited for everything I wanted or needed to be brought to me.

2. When I lost my teeth due to illness or when anything happened to me, I refused medical treatment in favor of alternative health such as magic, energy work, herbs and such nonsense as that.

3. I refused to eat meat or dairy, maybe not embarrasing but I insisted to everyone I met that it was wrong to eat meat-it was murder and I would preach it in grocery stores.

4. I threw away my books at one point in an effort to please God and Goddess and I threw away my Christian devotionals and cds because I wanted to be more purely on the Sacred Journey (in Witchcraft).
5. I drove myself crazy trying to be the best Witch I could be, abstaining from that which I feared harmed all life and worrying about the law of return always getting me, I allowed superstitious nonsense and paranormal bullshit into my head.