Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds
Other
[Show Results]

What is the best Zelda game?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2016, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 05:59 PM by cactus.)
What is the best Zelda game?
Games I left out of the poll:
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Tri Force Heroes
The CD-i games, obviously

My vote goes to Majora's Mask. I just love the dark atmosphere of that game, and all the time manipulation stuff.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: What is the best Zelda game?
I really love Majora's Mask, I didn't play it until recent years actually. I had a marvelous time with that but there are some elements that I think drip it away. It really does hold together best as a companion piece because knowing who the characters were well from Ocarina of Time do help the strange contrasts of them in Majora's Mask.

I think the original is the best really. I've felt that it's still just as enjoyable and has the qualities of exploration and confusion in a vast world I think work best with Zelda games. I used to like Links Awakening the best but a good chunk of the love from that game is the silly Mario fan service elements.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-01-2016, 06:46 AM
It's hard to say. The top-down perspective 2D Zelda games offer a very different type of experience relative to the 3D Zelda's, so I create a typolology there usually.

I used to say Majoras Mask for best 3D, but I played through a bunch of Zelda's not long ago and simply enjoyed Wind-Waker and Twilight Princess more. It was a mix of nostalgia and the theories people created regarding the story/setting that had me saying MM I guess.

And TP comes out on top of WW I'd say. Combat has never been too complex in Zelda, but in TP it was the best it had ever been. Controls were tight. And Links animations were great; he felt powerful and actually weighted. His movements looked human, thus it was easy to feel Immersed. I really enjoyed *being* Link in TP. Just felt like I was controlling a real warrior.

So TP gets my vote.
07-01-2016, 06:50 AM
I couldn't get into any of them after SNES. A Link to the Past was one of my favorite games at the time, but nothing after that could hold my attention for more than two minutes.

'Murican Canadian
07-01-2016, 07:03 AM
Skyward Sword had some amazing dungeons. The Loftwing sequences and boss battles ruined it for me, though. Twilight Princess had some of my favorite bosses, like Stallord and Morpheel.

07-01-2016, 08:40 AM
I'm going with The Fishing Pond of Time, cause that's the only one I played... And only thing I actually did in the game.
07-01-2016, 12:16 PM
I vote Skyward sword for its' music, streamlined yet not suffocating level design, excellent use of limited graphics capabilities to create a beautiful and cohesive visual style, and its' many conscious reflections upon the series as a whole (how long did people have to ship Link and Zelda before Nintendo finally caught on?). A Link between worlds and Wind Waker ties in for second place (the former for its' creative and challenging dungeons, the latter for its' magnificent graphics), and third place is shared between the DS games and Minish cap, all for their fast-paced dungeon design (though Spirit tracks' flute minigame drove me nuts and there was no way to skip it)
07-01-2016, 12:24 PM
I like the one where Zelda finally gets the princess.

(^_^)

*Runs of to hide*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-01-2016, 12:29 PM
(07-01-2016 12:24 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I like the one where Zelda finally gets the princess.

(^_^)

*Runs of to hide*
Bangin

07-01-2016, 12:32 PM
(07-01-2016 12:29 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 12:24 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I like the one where Zelda finally gets the princess.

(^_^)

*Runs of to hide*
Bangin
Oh yeah, I forgot. She's always in another castle, right?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post