What is the best evidence against Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 07:32 PM by Loom.)
RE: What is the best evidence against Christianity
(29-11-2016 07:22 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Ok I'll try to be open minded why do you think Jesus never existed

No evidence. Historical/contemporary, you name it.

That doesn't mean I discount the possibility of there having been an apocalyptic preacher at the time who proclaimed himself to be the messiah. Heck there may have been more than one.

But no one wrote about Jesus until years after his purported death (and they never even met the guy).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2016, 07:30 PM
(29-11-2016 06:47 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Here's a list of all my questions

1. What makes you believe the bible is wrong

2. What actual proven historical and scientific evidence is there that it's not real

3. Why does the bible have no major contradictions

Um........what?

Bible contradictions:

http://infidels.org/library/modern/donal...tions.html

And you do realize that the Gospels are not eyewitness accounts don't you? They were finally written down after two generations of storytelling by people who had never met Jesus. The writers are anonymous. The names of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were attached to the scripts by church fathers in the second century and they had no way to know who actually wrote them. This is why your New Testament either says "Attributed to " or "Traditional" and not "written by" or "authored by".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-11-2016, 07:31 PM
(29-11-2016 07:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I don't like the way this is going. The dude's name has the word ASK in it and he never acknowledges the responses given, just keeps asking questions. I don't want to be THAT guy, but I smell a sock. I don't think his intentions are pure and genuine. But I'll bite this one time:

• The entire bible is riddled with so many contradictions in so many different ways that the body of work is the biggest contradiction of them all. Take the tomb for instance. The way the tomb was discovered is contradicted in each of the books that mention it. The fact that those crucified never got any special treatment, much less a dedicated tomb, speaks volumes.

• The fact that this word of god didn't even know the moon wasn't a light source or that the firmament didn't exist is another good indication it's all bullshit and contradicts science.

• There is absolutely zero evidence a global flood happened. Contradicts science.

• If you do the math, according to the Bible, the earth is between 6K-10K years old. This contradicts science.

These are major to me. But the list goes on and on and we could fill books, in fact people have.

My favorite topic is hell, however. It has been proved that "hell" is a product of a misinterpretation or mistranslation from the original texts that Christians used to their beneifit to strike fear into its followers. I can provide all kinds of links and even an informative meme that is pretty popular if necessary.

I hope you're sincere, but I'm reserving judgement for a few more posts.

If I acknowledge that there are major differences between the old and New Testament would that prove my intentions are pure
29-11-2016, 07:38 PM
(29-11-2016 07:31 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 07:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I don't like the way this is going. The dude's name has the word ASK in it and he never acknowledges the responses given, just keeps asking questions. I don't want to be THAT guy, but I smell a sock. I don't think his intentions are pure and genuine. But I'll bite this one time:

• The entire bible is riddled with so many contradictions in so many different ways that the body of work is the biggest contradiction of them all. Take the tomb for instance. The way the tomb was discovered is contradicted in each of the books that mention it. The fact that those crucified never got any special treatment, much less a dedicated tomb, speaks volumes.

• The fact that this word of god didn't even know the moon wasn't a light source or that the firmament didn't exist is another good indication it's all bullshit and contradicts science.

• There is absolutely zero evidence a global flood happened. Contradicts science.

• If you do the math, according to the Bible, the earth is between 6K-10K years old. This contradicts science.

These are major to me. But the list goes on and on and we could fill books, in fact people have.

My favorite topic is hell, however. It has been proved that "hell" is a product of a misinterpretation or mistranslation from the original texts that Christians used to their beneifit to strike fear into its followers. I can provide all kinds of links and even an informative meme that is pretty popular if necessary.

If I acknowledge that there are major differences between the old and New Testament would that prove my intentions are pure

You haven't actually stated your intentions Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
29-11-2016, 07:40 PM
I want the truth
29-11-2016, 07:41 PM
(29-11-2016 07:40 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  I want the truth

Then your intentions don't seem pure given the way you respond to answers.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-11-2016, 07:41 PM
(29-11-2016 07:31 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  If I acknowledge that there are major differences between the old and New Testament would that prove my intentions are pure

[Image: 16-does-it-look-like-i-give-a-shit-monkey-humor.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
29-11-2016, 07:43 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-11-2016, 07:57 PM
(29-11-2016 07:40 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  I want the truth

The truth is that every religion has a god that defies the laws of physics which entangle the rest of us poor schmucks. Humans need a god to rise above the mundane and ordinary bonds that shackle the rest of us earthbound mortals because when a god can walk on water or fly on a cloud or turn into another being; especially when a god defies death, then that means there's a possibility we regular people can hitch a ride on the coattails of a god and defy death ourselves.

Read the myths of the American Indians or some of the Hindu gods or the stories of the Greek and Norse gods and you'll see many similarities around the world. The Jesus story is just another death defying god story among many.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-11-2016, 08:01 PM
(29-11-2016 07:31 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  

Is that another question?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user